free website stats program V & H Fuelpak or TFI | Harley Davidson Forums

V & H Fuelpak or TFI

Aussie Dave

G'Day all.

I havn't posted much in this forum but have spent way to much time reading it, lots of info and laughs.

Anyway, I was pretty set on getting a V & H Fuelpak for my 2010 Superglide when I started reading a few threads about the TFI.
I had never heard about this unit before and you can not get them in Aus...as far as I know anyway.

From what I have read the TFI does pretty much the same as the Fuelpak, so are there any advantages over the Fuelpak apart from price???
I'm used to SE ignitions and carbs on my old evo Sportster (gone) and Hi4 and SU carb on my old Ironhead (gone) so I am still getting my head around all this EFI magic......any and all help is very much appreciated.

Cheer's
Aussie Dave

The advantages of the TFI is no maps to deal with. I prefer the TFI because of the ease of installation and setup. Adjusting the fuel is easier than most all fuelers.

I havnt had any exp with the TFI but I do have a FuelPak on my scoot for a couple of years now and so far so good. It is simple plug and play. I couldnt say if one is better than the other, many will have there own preference.

The advantages of the TFI is no maps to deal with. I prefer the TFI because of the ease of installation and setup. Adjusting the fuel is easier than most all fuelers.

Thanks for the reply glider...yeah, there's no maps to worry about with the fuelpak either, just punch in the setting for your bike's setup (pipes etc).
No maps either....but after looking through the TFI web site, i do like how you can adjust the fuel through the rev range for your own riding style....hmmm....lotts to think about.

Cheer's
Aussie Dave.

I havnt had any exp with the TFI but I do have a FuelPak on my scoot for a couple of years now and so far so good. It is simple plug and play. I couldnt say if one is better than the other, many will have there own preference.

Thanks for the reply porkchop......The FP seems about the best for plug n play, and I have a few mate's that are happy with there's as well.

Just a matter of crunching all the info I can get and take it from there.

Aussie Dave.

G'Day all.

I havn't posted much in this forum but have spent way to much time reading it, lots of info and laughs.

Anyway, I was pretty set on getting a V & H Fuelpak for my 2010 Superglide when I started reading a few threads about the TFI.
I had never heard about this unit before and you can not get them in Aus...as far as I know anyway.

From what I have read the TFI does pretty much the same as the Fuelpak, so are there any advantages over the Fuelpak apart from price???
I'm used to SE ignitions and carbs on my old evo Sportster (gone) and Hi4 and SU carb on my old Ironhead (gone) so I am still getting my head around all this EFI magic......any and all help is very much appreciated.

Cheer's
Aussie Dave

Actually you can!And as luck would have it,they can be had in Sydney.

Try MOTOHANSA.On (02)96384488

I looked at getting one of these for my bike,but eventually settled on a Thundermax.

Give them a call.The guy i spoke with was very helpful and offered my money back if i wasn't completely satisfied.

Just push for correct model fitment.:s

Actually you can!And as luck would have it,they can be had in Sydney.

Try MOTOHANSA.On (02)96384488

I looked at getting one of these for my bike,but eventually settled on a Thundermax.

Give them a call.The guy i spoke with was very helpful and offered my money back if i wasn't completely satisfied.

Just push for correct model fitment.:s

Well there you go, thanks for that biscuit!!!
I will give them a call Sat morning, I am leaning towards the TFI after spending hrs on there site and the V&H site last night.
There are dozens of tuner's/fuelers/maps/ etc etc...I just want something simple and I can adjust/tune myself when needed.

I don't need the like's of the TTS as I wont be doing any major engine mods for a few years yet.

Aussie Dave.

Well there you go, thanks for that biscuit!!!
I will give them a call Sat morning, I am leaning towards the TFI after spending hrs on there site and the V&H site last night.
There are dozens of tuner's/fuelers/maps/ etc etc...I just want something simple and I can adjust/tune myself when needed.

I don't need the like's of the TTS as I wont be doing any major engine mods for a few years yet.

Aussie Dave.

Dave,
I use tyhe TFI and I am really impressed HOE EASY to install and SET....
On my 09 FLHR, with V&H exhaust and Scream'n eagle Air, the TFI made my bike run great... After I set it up and tried it out, I described the feeling as " FELT IN the seat of My Pants" ..... 3-4-5-6 gears Had a definte ROCKET effectt that I DIDN"T hav with the stock off the floor it showed before the Fu;ll stage one and TFI instal...

I have MANY who I have told about TFI and ALL of them HAPPY they went this way...

Don't know what you pay for the unit down under but up here you do get a 10% discount mentioning HDTimeline membership( buying thru dobecksperformance Directly) .. Plus other discounts, Military,Police,etc. If you Qualify,,, check with Dobecks Performance before you buy the unit...

Good luck in what YOU decide to go with but the TFI is MY way..

signed, "Right Side Up"....BUBBIE:D

Back