free website stats program V&H fuel programmer | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H fuel programmer

The service people at my HD dealership are also suggesting syn 3 for my next oil change for all the holes. For the engine they say syn 3 is made for the roller bearings that we have. Nearly all the workers at the dealership have Harleys and they all use the Syn 3.

I would use a better grade of synthetic oil. Syn 3 isn't a true synthetic.

But is it possible that a better grade of synthetic oil isn't good for roller bearings? Just asking because I don't know anything about this stuff.

That was an old tale told by the MOCO when they were not in the oil market. Ever since they realized the profit involved selling a semi synthetic and calling it synthetic and having it made by Hugo Chavez , it's OK now.

The old bearing skate thing is just not true at all.

Problem fixed (I HOPE)

After talking with you guys, I went back to V & H web site. Checked the codes again. Either I looked up the wrong no#, or they changed the codes. Reset the programmer, started it up, sounds a lot better. Between work, and rain , no time to really try her out. Hopefully soon, then I will let you know for sure. Glide 33:bigsmiley12:

Back