free website stats program V&H Dresser Duals question | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Dresser Duals question

altoona

I have a 2013 Limited and I'm looking at installing the V&H Dresser Duals with the Screaming Eagle air cleaner and stock mufflers.

Any thought on this combination? I'm just trying to lower the heat on my right leg. :33:

I have V&H Dresser Duals, SE HI-Flow A/C and Rush slip-ons on my 11' FLHTK and really like them. Good look and sound good. They will be cooler on the right leg than the stock exhaust with the cat.

Also, with those changes look into a fuel management device to richen up the A/F ratio like TFI, SEPST, etc.

Hope that helps.

I've got the same bike. I removed the cats from the headers and put on Wild Pig slip ons w/ 2" baffles. Much better sound, not as restrictive as stock, and very reasonable price. Reduced the heat a lot, but in the summers in Dallas, it's gonna get hot anyway. Haven't done the hi flow a/c yet, or a tuner, but thats this winters project. That should help for next summer. If you put on a Stage I a/c, you're gonna have to add more fuel or it will lean it out and make it run hotter.

Thanks for the info. I was also thinking going with the V & H Monster Ovals but was concerned it might get to loud for my significant other on the back. :eam

I'm running V&H Wide Ovals on mine and I love them. Not too loud but a really nice rumble. Also running the Screamin Eagle stage 1with the HD heat deflectors and my right leg still gets pretty warm riding in 100 deg temps.

Thanks for the info. I was also thinking going with the V & H Monster Ovals but was concerned it might get to loud for my significant other on the back. :eam

I have the Monster Ovals on my 09 ultra and it has a nice deep rumble. I can hear the radio at highway speeds very easily and only about half way up at the most. My wife is fine with sound also. Just my 2 bits. I think they look good with the side bags too. Good luck deciding.

Thanks for all the input. I decided to go with the Monster Ovals, Dresser Duals, and Screaming Eagle air cleaner. Currently on order.

Next question can I install the Duals and Ovals and not have to re-tune?

I know I will need to do a re-tune after the Air cleaner is installed just not sure about if I just do the mufflers and Duals first to see how it runs then install the stage 1 air cleaner and re-tune.

Thanks for all the input. I decided to go with the Monster Ovals, Dresser Duals, and Screaming Eagle air cleaner. Currently on order.

Next question can I install the Duals and Ovals and not have to re-tune?

I know I will need to do a re-tune after the Air cleaner is installed just not sure about if I just do the mufflers and Duals first to see how it runs then install the stage 1 air cleaner and re-tune.

While these beasts run lean to begin with, you can usually get away with changing exhaust only but adding fuel will be a big plus in power and cooling

I went from Hooker Tuned-Flow to Monster Ovals. Sometimes I miss the super-loud bark of the Hookers. However, after a day in the saddle, the Hookers did seem to get a bit obnoxious, and her-Heidiness rode with ear plugs. I switched to the Monster Ovals, and the rumble dropped to a nice deep tone, with the harsh leading edge was eliminated. Momma needs no earplugs. The scooter breathes pretty much as well as she did with the Hookers.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back