free website stats program V&H Big Radius Question | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Big Radius Question

Got them installed today, and they sound great. After reading a little more, I'm thinking that the version of the pipes for 2007 and prior don't have the welded O2 port, so I'm good to go.

Pipes sound louder and a bit deeper than my old Straight Shots. I'm sure that its due to them facing down towards the street instead of straight back. Have to warm up outside of the garage though, as these seem to accumulate more fumes in the immediate riding area than the straight shots which is common sense. Wife says she can smell them in the house, but that's bunk.

With my 'new' sleek pipes, I took off the safety bar and landing lights up front. Looks 'longer' and faster than before. I'll take some pics when I get a chance and getting out to ride tomorrow when the weather clears up.

Thanks again for all of the assistance, especially Jack.

You'll love the Big Radius pipes. I've had them on my 97' FXDWG for about a year now. The only pipes I have run that were louder were Screaming Eagle mufflers with OEM pipes. I set off the smoke detector in the garage when I first fired mine up, now I crank the bike outside. Good luck.

Last edited:
They are a nice pipe and sound very loud. A friend has thm on his StreetBob and loved the sound, but hates the reduced cornering as they deck out much quicker than a horizontal pipe.

Good job...I think it's time to update your avatar pic, or load some pics of this upgrade in your garage...

Thought I'd give everyone an updated pic after I installed the pipes. I really don't find cornering that difficult. Haven't bottomed out yet on a typical corner.

I updated my profile and avatar, but can't seem to attach anything to an email for some reason. Again to the forum, thanks for all of the assistance.

Back