free website stats program Using E3 Spark plugs in your Harley | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Using E3 Spark plugs in your Harley

The best combustion ignition will come from a single electrode, unshrouded, in the center of the combustion chamber. Multiple points on a plug only shroud the spark more.
PT Barnum was right.:)

In the past I have tried "exotic" plugs in my autos and found no difference, as others have advised, save your money for other bike stuff.

I use 6R12 and change them every 15 K ( as mentioned on the maintenance manual), some use GKN platinium and it seem the idle ans performance are better.
WAP.gif

6R12's here as well. Although I will probably change them more frequently than I have in the past. A couple dollars for each plug.

Take care,
Dave

Every winter hibernation (which is short here in Mustang Oklahoma) I change all three holes and the spark plugs, staying with the HD plugs, never a problem even 44,000 miles later. Wife and I rode to Kansas last weekend, averaged 39MPG (two up at 75MPH) and rode 176 miles before filling up, and still had .8 of a gallon left in the tank.

HD plugs seem to ok with me!

Back