free website stats program Using E3 Spark plugs in your Harley | Harley Davidson Forums

Using E3 Spark plugs in your Harley

DCLARKE

Does anyone know anything about these plugs for your scoot.? They have 3 tips and are supposed to be better for combustion. I have a friend that uses them in all his motors and is going to use them in his Harley. I guess I am a little skeptical. Any users out there?

Thank you

Does anyone know anything about these plugs for your scoot.? They have 3 tips and are supposed to be better for combustion. I have a friend that uses them in all his motors and is going to use them in his Harley. I guess I am a little skeptical. Any users out there?

Thank you

Stick with stock and save your money, check the self help section on spark plugs you will see the down side to fancy plugs

Go with your gut feeling and you will never go wrong..........Too good to be true is my thought.

Over the YEARS, I must of bought a ton of the Snake Bight Plugs...
Yes they worked and some did set-off a code in the bike.

NONE did any more that the stock 6R12's BUT Drain my wallet...

Seems like a rider has got to go thru this PHASE of Getting BIT then learning for themselves in the end...

$ave yourself the $$$$$$, use stock 6R12's... Change them often. Give the old ones away to someone that has NO money as they are probably still good at 5 to 10 thousand miles (that is when I change them).. I find to take them out to look IS Easier to Just replace them with a fresh set of NEW 6R12's for under 5$ a set from HD.

Just My Way

signed....BUBBIE

It's a gimmick. What exactly is "better combustion" anyway?

IMO the better combustion tricks a lot of folks, a spark plug can only spark as good as the ignition system can produce the juice, that said a bigger gap will give a bigger flame front to light the fuel if the ignition system is up to par with quality wires and good secondary voltage from the coils JMO

IMO the better combustion tricks a lot of folks,
One word sums it up:

Hype
1. to stimulate, excite, or agitate

2. to create interest in by flamboyant or dramatic methods; promote or publicize showily

3. to intensify (advertising, promotion, or publicity) by ingenious or questionable claims, methods, etc.

Doesn't "E3" mean "Expensive x3" more than a stock plug...? ;)

Seriously - invest your $$$ in more effective upgrades...lots of good post/recommendations here.

Back