free website stats program Using a Cell with Ultra Intercom - can it be done | Harley Davidson Forums

Using a Cell with Ultra Intercom - can it be done

Bryanna

I have a 2003 Ultra I just purchased and was wonder if there is a way to use a cell phone with the intercom? If any one has any ideas please let me know.

you could try something like this I guess

Attachments

• ghettobluetooth.jpg
    ghettobluetooth.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 30
I did it for a couple of BMW riders a few years ago but I am sure that none of the stone age cell phone gadgets we used back then would be compatible with what's available now. But it is possible. I am sure there are kits out there!!
My advice is to leave the phone in the saddlebag or better still leave it at home. I know you didn't want to hear that but why spoil a good ride with a call from your boss or your ex or anyone for that matter. PB

What I am thinking now is the best choice is to find a place to mount my cell phone that is easy to see and access. Then since my cell has pretty good itunes like abilities and lots of memory for songs plug it into the aux port. If someone calls the music stops and I will here the ring. Then I can see who is calling if they are important find a safe place to stop and call them back. Or if not just ignore then and just keep riding. I can also use my tom tom with my cell connected via bluetooth and then just do the same as above and keep my cell in my pocket. Both will work. Neither cost a dime except for some ways to mount either my cell or my Tom Tom GPS

Back