free website stats program useful tid-bit | Harley Davidson Forums

useful tid-bit

blues821

Hello all ,
As some of you know Im a supervisor at a fire truck building company. I was talking to our painter today about swirl marks and polish and such for my RKC and I mentioned Pledge and he advised me that useing pledge is not a good idea on these modern clear coats as it is very oily it will actually in time harm the finish so for what its worth there it is . just thought Id pass that along since I know alot of guys here use it .......so take it or leave it either way I trust his opion and I wont be pledge my bike any more not that i did it that much but it made my black bike streaky so :D
ride safe Keith

I just started using Pledge on my black 2000 Ultra. That bike has NEVER looked so good! She looks like new again. Streaks? IMO you didn't use it right. Maybe too much?

Hello all ,
As some of you know Im a supervisor at a fire truck building company. I was talking to our painter today about swirl marks and polish and such for my RKC and I mentioned Pledge and he advised me that useing pledge is not a good idea on these modern clear coats as it is very oily it will actually in time harm the finish so for what its worth there it is . just thought Id pass that along since I know alot of guys here use it .......so take it or leave it either way I trust his opion and I wont be pledge my bike any more not that i did it that much but it made my black bike streaky so :D
ride safe Keith

Ive gone through Laguer,Enamel,Cronar,Centari,Sikkens,Sherwin Williams,Diamont,PPG,Dupont, back to PPG and now water bourne.The one constant in all of these paint line changes is the clear.The clear is still the same 3 to 1 hardened urethane base in every line.Pledge wont hurt your clear!
Its not my first choice, but I do use it on occaision.

I am a firm believer in Liquid Glass once a year,pledge the rest of the time:D

well fellas I dont personally know if pledge will hurt it or not , I just tosed it out there as info open to discussion. Ive used it ,but I prefer Maguires quick detail or final inspect myself so If pledge works for you its all good ...I dont know where the painter got his info from but all I know is thats what he told me .and I figured Id pass it along so either way its all good.

There are a few sacred cows on this site. Tossing out the notion that Pledge or TFI are bad is sure to get a quick response. ;-)

Back