free website stats program Use for pursuit switch on cop bikes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Use for pursuit switch on cop bikes

can the persuit switch operate the highway lights. i still have the red ones in , i have the napa #,s for the clear or yellow ones, question is can i jump the flasher out , so they stay on ,and have them work off the persuit switch.I pulled the fuse out so i dont hit the switch by accident and attract attention to my self . think iam in wrong spot here . but ill try any way (glider will let me know ) LOL

Yes you can use it for your hwy lights if you have incandesent bulbs"sealed beams" the flasher is located under the fairing near the top. Over where the headlight would be. It looks like a turn signal type flasher "three prong"
Pull the flasher out and make a jumper wire 14 guage with two flat male spades about 3" long and jump the two terminals that are opposite each other. Leave the bottom single slot blank. Tape it up so it doesn't ground to anything.

It will look like this
l l <-- Jump these two terminals
l <-- leave this one blank.
That should do it

Whoop's! Sorry Wayne. I just remembered to jump the pursuit flasher relay
jump all three terminals together. Take your 14 gauge wire and put two pieces into one crimp flat blade male connector and then the other two ends just get the same connector and plug one into each of the three female post
. Sorry I wasn't thinking.

thanks cowboywildbill . mines a roadking but ive seen the relay on my left side panel . .ill have to check for sure . off friday to pick up lights and check it out further :D

Back