free website stats program Us vs them | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Us vs them

I've seen other threads with a similar theme. Its an odd thing I think. You'd think all motorcyclists would be united if only by the fact we are on two wheels instead of 4. And that we face similar problems with riding on the road with cars and dealing with drivers that tend not to look for us on the road. I really don't understand the split. Was there like an "Adam and Eve" event or something that started all of this? Can anyone point to the beginning of this attitude?

You can take this argument and switch out the brands of your bikes with brands of cars. Seriously, would your buddies NOT park next to a Chevy or Ford -- preferring instead to park next to Toyotas and Hondas? Crazy. Does your car bother them?

FRIENDS don't treat friends that way. I say confront them each separately and ask them what the real problem is. Maybe they know of the "Adam and Eve" event and can pass it on so we can all understand.

Something I would like to add to this thread , All my friends ride Harleys and when I used to ride a Honda they would tell me it was like being with a fat woman, it may be fun to ride but they wouldn't be seen in public with it! Please note I'm not trying to offend anyone I just thought you might get a chuckle out of how they ribbed me about the Honda:)

I was sitting at a stoplight the other day minding my own business when a guy on a Honda Shadow pulls up in the other lane. This dude must have believed the (edited) that all Harleys are slow, so he started revving. When the light turned green, he got to smell some HD exhaust, hehe. Hope he tells his buds to watch out for that maroon Sporty.
Of course, I'm not dumb enough to race crotch rockets.:unsure

Really I do not care what others ride, I ride a HD thats that.
I do not wish to own a metric if I did I could buy one there are 1000's for sale cheap.
I do ride one from time to time and they are quick and OK machines.
HD has been more than just a bike for me for a long time, I will grant anyone that everyone makes a faster stock bike than HD. It took them awhile to do it.
Funny how to keep their sales up they had to make HD clones.
For HD riders it is much more than just the bike they own. If I have to explain it you would not understand it really means I just can not write that well :).
But maybe true.
Poker runs on Saturday with few hundred HD's fun. Weekend ride with HD friends life is good. Party at the 105th if you never done it you would not understand.
I bust my tail in this world from day to day have done so for a long time My HD is an escape for my wife and I, weather we check out from the real world for a few hours or days.
Metrics just does not do that for me
If you understand it please explain it to me

HUA top!

When I ride to any biker bar, or biker gathering, I feel it. When my local HOG chapter has their "home alone club" where anyone can send an email out to the whole club for a ride, I feel it. When my future wife is on her CVO softail, and I'm on my springer, I feel it. When my 7 year old daughter says "I'm a Harley girl daddy!!" Oh I feel it. I love to ride, with whoever, whenever. I love it because I love my Harley, for personal reasons to me that can not be changed by anyone.

Really I do not care what others ride, I ride a HD thats that.
I do not wish to own a metric if I did I could buy one there are 1000's for sale cheap.
I do ride one from time to time and they are quick and OK machines.
HD has been more than just a bike for me for a long time, I will grant anyone that everyone makes a faster stock bike than HD. It took them awhile to do it.
Funny how to keep their sales up they had to make HD clones.
For HD riders it is much more than just the bike they own. If I have to explain it you would not understand it really means I just can not write that well :).
But maybe true.
Poker runs on Saturday with few hundred HD's fun. Weekend ride with HD friends life is good. Party at the 105th if you never done it you would not understand.
I bust my tail in this world from day to day have done so for a long time My HD is an escape for my wife and I, weather we check out from the real world for a few hours or days.
Metrics just does not do that for me
If you understand it please explain it to me

Being a former metric rider (they were all I could afford and some were prettycomfortable rides)You said it all quite well:D

When I young the Harley riders use to tell me your not a man unless you ride a Harley. I rode a old school Triumphs, when I got my 1st Harley a brand new Shovel they called me a wantabe. I rode that shovel for 21 yrs untill finally I found out I was beating the heck old shovel trying to keep up with those new twincams.
I finally broke down and bought a new Springer classic in 05 and traded that in on a 09 FLHX in Dec. Now I'm proud to say I rode Harleys before they were a fashion statement or status symbol. Now I just ride them because they feel right and that's all that counts to me. Now I don't care what kinda bike my buddies ride because I'm sure they are riding their bikes cause it feels right for them too. So I never harassed Jap bike riders and they never harassed me
Well that was until I bought the Hayabusa . Now I get harassed by both the Harley and Jap Bikes riders. Now they just tell me I'm crazy

brderj. The next time,(if there is a next time), you go for a ride with the riders of the bikes from the land of the rising sun, take you a handful of dry rice in a ziplok bag and once they have parked them a safe distance from your inferior Milwaukee Iron, and have gone in for whatever. Just sprinkle about a half of the rice under the motor of each of their bikes. Then go inside and tell them as loud as you can that their bikes are leaking all over the parking lot. Then when they and about half of the other customers go out to see whats goin on, you just sit down on your hog and grin from ear to ear.

brderj. The next time,(if there is a next time), you go for a ride with the riders of the bikes from the land of the rising sun, take you a handful of dry rice in a ziplok bag and once they have parked them a safe distance from your inferior Milwaukee Iron, and have gone in for whatever. Just sprinkle about a half of the rice under the motor of each of their bikes. Then go inside and tell them as loud as you can that their bikes are leaking all over the parking lot. Then when they and about half of the other customers go out to see whats goin on, you just sit down on your hog and grin from ear to ear.

Thats actually pretty dang funny....:D I'll have to do that, and I will be sure to let you know the results.

Back