free website stats program US Highway 41 South GA. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

US Highway 41 South GA.

This Tuesday (8-26) I am riding up to Kennesaw, GA. I'm gonna meet a buddy in Lake City, FL then plan to take 41 from there at least as far as Perry then maybe 341 up from there. Y'alls description of the ride up 41 sounds great. Anyone got any good routes up around the west side of Atlanta to the Dallas area? Prefer not to have to run the Atlanta 500 (I-285) on my bike. Dr Doolittle hope to meet up with you next week.

Hopefully I won't insult anyone too bad but the west side of Atlanta is pretty flat and boring. I ran an errand south of the airport last month and had planned a route just like you to avoid the interstates. I got so bored I hopped on I20 east to I285 and just put up with the traffic to get on home. Going right through town isn't too bad as long as you avoid rush hours - they have the HOV lanes that allow bikes so you can pretty much zip right through.

Yeah, I agree as long as it between 1000 and 1500 or after 2000 your pretty safe. I have to get to west cobb (way west) Coming in from the south we usually take 285 west to I-20 west then get off on Thornton Rd and head towards Dallas. That route cuts off 20-30 minutes off of going straight through town to Kennesaw and then west. I didnt know that bikes could use the HOV lanes though. Thats a nice little piece of info to have, Thanks :)

LANCER, watch out for the deer. farming season in this part at this time. you may get caught up behind a tractor for a few minutes. be careful, enjoy the ride.

LANCER, watch out for the deer. farming season in this part at this time. you may get caught up behind a tractor for a few minutes. be careful, enjoy the ride.

Shag thanks for the info, I 'll keep my eyes out. Looking forward to the ride.:)

Back