free website stats program US Highway 41 South GA. | Harley Davidson Forums

US Highway 41 South GA.

ShagNasty

I had the day off, over a cup of coffee I put a ride together in my mind for the day. If any of you ever get a chance to ride US Highway 41, take it. it has a nostalgic air about it like Route 66. some areas seem to go back in time or have never tried to keep up w/change. I left home around 0830 to catch highway 41 South. I stoped in at Tifton (GA.)Harley Davidson for a breather. cost me a $170.00 thanks to Dr. Doolittle. I read his thread on the 360 Highway pegs and I just had to have them. I ended up putting in 210 miles today. A great day rideing into the past, meeting people talking over a bottled water and streaching the legs. A good day!....Hope all a safe July 4th. Ride safe.

I had the day off, over a cup of coffee I put a ride together in my mind for the day. If any of you ever get a chance to ride US Highway 41, take it. it has a nostalgic air about it like Route 66. some areas seem to go back in time or have never tried to keep up w/change. I left home around 0830 to catch highway 41 South. I stoped in at Tifton (GA.)Harley Davidson for a breather. cost me a $170.00 thanks to Dr. Doolittle. I read his thread on the 360 Highway pegs and I just had to have them. I ended up putting in 210 miles today. A great day rideing into the past, meeting people talking over a bottled water and streaching the legs. A good day!....Hope all a safe July 4th. Ride safe.

Hang on just a minute. If you go back and reread that thread, you'll see that I was commenting on the pegs but that I do not own a pair yet and I did not start the thread! That is unless you're 100% satisfied with them, in which case I'll take all the credit!

Love them Doc. You get all the credit, Thats how I found them is by reading your tread. I have been looking for some and after reading your article lastnight I stumbled on them today. when I got Home I mounted them and rode for another 45 min....again thanks.

Hey, if you're ever planning a ride in the northern part of our state, shoot me a PM in advance and I'll join you or lead you over some of the GREAT roads I've found up there! Looking at your bio, we might be twins separated at birth!

Next time you are riding that way let me know. My house if a few blocks from HWY41 in Ashburn. I work in Macon and sometimes take 41 the whole way to work and back.

Sounds Great. I'm in Dallas, GA and will have to take that ride when I get the time to stretch down to South GA. Sounds perfect. Ride safe.

They are finishing up putting a new black top down on 41 in Dooly Co. They have completed the north end of the county and are almost finised with the south end.

Hey Troops,
again it was an excellent ride. Putting thru Sycamore and Ashburn was like turning back time. In school I had a 77 Trans Am that Dougs Body shop there in Sycamore painted. excellent work. I had not been that way since 1978. his shop was still there. I never have rode 41 North from Macon, am planning on it. look foward to hooking up. be safe!

When you ride through Vienna, Pinehurst & Unadilla it is about like the ride through Ashburn (Cordele has a few more red lights). Once you go through the north section of Unadilla it is all farm land until you get close to Perry. It is a nice ride. I just might hit 41 the whole way home this afternoon.

This Tuesday (8-26) I am riding up to Kennesaw, GA. I'm gonna meet a buddy in Lake City, FL then plan to take 41 from there at least as far as Perry then maybe 341 up from there. Y'alls description of the ride up 41 sounds great. Anyone got any good routes up around the west side of Atlanta to the Dallas area? Prefer not to have to run the Atlanta 500 (I-285) on my bike. Dr Doolittle hope to meet up with you next week.

Back