free website stats program UR close call? | Harley Davidson Forums

UR close call?

walleye

Contributor
Have you had a close call on your MC? I mean a close call that was life of death as a consequence? Share it and maybe we can all learn from your experience. I am glad your here to let us know and maybe someone can learn from your experience. I once come up on a unexpected "U" exit that I took way too fast. I actually leaned so far my engine guard hit the ground, pivited my bike into the right direction and I was able to recover. (barely) My boots had a hole over my big toe and the bolts under my drivers floorboard were shaved, but no harm. All at about 50 MPH. If I would have gone down it would have been bad. My own fault but I definetely learned to pay attention to the exits and not presume they are all the same. I was new to a city and never really experienced the different exit severities. My lesson to pass on is to pay attention to the exit speed limits. Around here they vary from 25 MPH tp 50 MPH. :52: Ride safe brothers.

I was following a line of cars thru some road construction. Unbeknown to me there was a big hole they were stradling. It was pretty deep and i just made the front tire but caught the edge of the hole with the back tire. We were not going very fast and was able to keep it up barley. I should have stayed back a bit more to have time to react. Luckily I have not laid a bike down since I was a teen on dirtbikes.

In Naples Italy in the 70's I was in 4 lanes of traffic going one way on Via Partanope I believe. I was watching traffic, which was heavy, when my front wheel went into a trolly track I never saw. Right over the bars and onto the cobblestones with little Fiat wheels squealling around my head was all I remember. Lost skin but really happy to be alive, I stopped riding for 30 years, but at times I still remember this.....hopefully it helps keep me sharp and focused.

In Naples Italy in the 70's I was in 4 lanes of traffic going one way on Via Partanope I believe. I was watching traffic, which was heavy, when my front wheel went into a trolly track I never saw. Right over the bars and onto the cobblestones with little Fiat wheels squealling around my head was all I remember. Lost skin but really happy to be alive, I stopped riding for 30 years, but at times I still remember this.....hopefully it helps keep me sharp and focused.

I was there in the mid 70's thanks to the USS Yosemite. You took your life in your hands just trying to cross the road. Glad you made it!!

I have definetely started leaving more pavement between myself and cages to allow more time to react to road hazards such as debris and potholes that cages strattle.

I was there in the mid 70's thanks to the USS Yosemite. You took your life in your hands just trying to cross the road. Glad you made it!!

I was home ported there ...USS Lester De 1022. 2.5 years for me. Patrolled up and down the Med at 6 knts listening for the Ruskies subs.
GOOD TIMES

Back