free website stats program Upright Seating Position for 2009 Road Glide | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Upright Seating Position for 2009 Road Glide

I also have an 09 Roadglide. I have checked with my local dealer about the Heritage bars. They will fit on the glide without addition cables. They are supposed to add about 3 more inches of pullback. However, I guess there's quite a bit of work to change them out on the glide. They told me about 3 hours labor. You also now have to get a throttle adjuster with the new bars ($89), (recommended in the parts book). I guess they destroy the old one when they take off the old grips. I was quoted about $475 to install them on mine (including the bars). I'm still trying to decide if I want to do it.

You might also think about an adjustable rider backrest. I had one installed on mine and I love it. It's makes it a lot more comfortable on the long trips. Just my 2 cents worth.

Got pretty much the same info from my dealer. I only need about 2 inches of pullback so I've held off so far. But still thinking about it. Also, the adjustable backrest really helped on long trips.

Heritage bars will bring them back to you. If you have the time and money you can have a set custom bent for you. The expensive part of that would be to have them chromed. Of course you could go the powder coat route as well; a cable change would be involved as well. My buddy Mike had the same problem and he went with Heritage bars and it still was not enough fortunately he works for CSX and has some friends there that custom bent a set of bars for him that added a nice sweep back. Overall the bars were extended almost six inches. He had to replace cables and brake lines. We managed to finesse the wiring harness enough that we did not have to extend it but did have to move the turn signals to a lower position, worked out nice for him and Road King looks good as well.

The Heritage bars have been used by many and seem to be the answer to most problems. You can get them chromed or the stock SS for a finish.

Back