free website stats program Upgrades to my 97 FLSTC | Harley Davidson Forums

Upgrades to my 97 FLSTC

wombat457

Haven't been here for awhile due to real world things; however, while I have been away I have had a few thngs done to the bike to (hopefully) improve it:

S&S Teardrop Air Cleaner System
V&H Staggered Longshots Full exhaust
Rebuilt and Jetted CV Carb
New Front Brake Master Cylinder
New Clutch Cables
New Memphis Shades Smoked Windscreen

This winter the bike is going in for an Andrews 27 Cam and associated parts, lifters etc, to be fitted to give the old girl a bit more get up and go around the 45 - 55 mark :)

HD1.jpg

Dscn0054.jpg

Those "old" Evos are getting downright romantic! You're going to like the boost you get with a cam. I have an Andrews in mine. Been way too long, I can't recall the grind but it was a bolt in. Definitely gave her a pair. Putting on a Mikuni carb made a HUGE difference. Had an Edlebrock and an S&S on it previously but I've always found that Mikunis are totally problem free in a Harley application.

That's a really nice scooter you have there.

@TheOriginalEasyrider

Thanks mate and am hoping to get a bit more umph for longer rides with the Andrews27 cam, new lifters bearings etc. I'd just like to be able to sit 65 - 70 (if needed) comfortably without the bike sounding like it is straining. Basically, I keep to the back roads though, away from the four lanes and idiots on them.

I was going to put an S&S Super G on the bike but was advised by a lot of people, including an ex harley mechanic (real mechanic) not to due to the problems they cause with an EVO engine. So the S&S (with the S&S Ignition) went back and I had the CV rebuilt. The bike runs beautifully, better than when I first bought her and now starts so easily and doesn't take more than a minute or two to idle properly without choke (enhancer). The cam othe stuff will finish her nicely I think - hope :)

Back