free website stats program Upgrade to Roadking..... | Harley Davidson Forums

Upgrade to Roadking.....

josife

Shopped, and shopped around looking at all the HD's and finally upgraded from a 2005 sporty to a 2007 Roadking..... After getting the new bike I found myself at the local Harley store looking for pipes, a stage 1, and a seat... Well I managed to pick up the stage one and a sundowner seat 2 out of 1 ain't bad... Now it's back to 8-5 so I can replenish my bank account and by the pipes... I am thinking about the V&H slip on ovals I like the way they sound. I may change my mind and add some fish tips...

Attachments

• Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Picture 044.jpg
    Picture 044.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 45
I put the V&H Ovals on my RKC. I like the looks. I had the dealer start 3 different bikes so I could compare the sounds and picked the V&H. I will admit, however, they are a tad louder than I thought.

I find myself rolling the bike out to the end of the driveway so as to not annoy my neighboor when I leave for the early morning weekend drive. The husband says "What do you expect? It's a Harley!" So it's no big deal. I just try to be courteous.

Listen to them before buying is my advice.

I just recntly sold my 06 Night Train and bought an 07 RKC It has Rinehart true duals on it and it sounds awesome. Now if I can get the transmission to stop sounding like its a popcorn popper in 5th gear I will be happy:bigsmiley20:

I read your article about the IDS and am going to go that route within the next few weeks. I took it to the dealer and was told " Thats Normal :55:" but now I know better Thanks Glider

MWGB you should start your bikein the driveway; your neibours would love the 'thumbing' sound on a Sunday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!:kissyou

MWGB I think I would get up an hour or two earlier just to grumble them pipes early in the morning and everyone would get to work on time. :57:

Back