Upgrade to Roadking.....

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by josife, Jun 2, 2008.

1. josife

josife Member

Shopped, and shopped around looking at all the HD's and finally upgraded from a 2005 sporty to a 2007 Roadking..... After getting the new bike I found myself at the local Harley store looking for pipes, a stage 1, and a seat... Well I managed to pick up the stage one and a sundowner seat 2 out of 1 ain't bad... Now it's back to 8-5 so I can replenish my bank account and by the pipes... I am thinking about the V&H slip on ovals I like the way they sound. I may change my mind and add some fish tips...

Attached Files:

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Looking good and it sounds like you have everything under control. Nice looking bike.

3. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

Very Nice...lov the color.:D

4. MWGB

MWGB Member

I put the V&H Ovals on my RKC. I like the looks. I had the dealer start 3 different bikes so I could compare the sounds and picked the V&H. I will admit, however, they are a tad louder than I thought.

I find myself rolling the bike out to the end of the driveway so as to not annoy my neighboor when I leave for the early morning weekend drive. The husband says "What do you expect? It's a Harley!" So it's no big deal. I just try to be courteous.

Listen to them before buying is my advice.

5. Tigg

Tigg Junior Member

I just recntly sold my 06 Night Train and bought an 07 RKC It has Rinehart true duals on it and it sounds awesome. Now if I can get the transmission to stop sounding like its a popcorn popper in 5th gear I will be happy:bigsmiley20:

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

7. Tigg

Tigg Junior Member

I read your article about the IDS and am going to go that route within the next few weeks. I took it to the dealer and was told " Thats Normal :55:" but now I know better Thanks Glider

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

Jack...it REALLY works well, believe me on this one.:s

9. Johan

Johan Member

MWGB you should start your bikein the driveway; your neibours would love the 'thumbing' sound on a Sunday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!:kissyou

10. josife

josife Member

MWGB I think I would get up an hour or two earlier just to grumble them pipes early in the morning and everyone would get to work on time. :57: