free website stats program upgrade to 103 | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

upgrade to 103

I think the carb will have no problem if it's in good shape, the carb strokers that I've I have done I did used the S/E 44mm carb, at $300.00 it's not a bad deal if you're in question on your's. It's a good streetable carb suited for touring but not needed, I think your's will fuel it fine.

Well maybe I will start with my stock one and jet it up some? Then if its a problem its a piece of cake to pull carb and change? Does the 44 mm need the SE intake or will it bolt up to stock intake? I have a spare set of heads so was thinking put new heads (stock) on for now and then maybe think about hopping up the old heads for a quick turn around ? Then at that point I could think about new intake and bigger carb? If I'm going to change cam plate anyways...maybe I should go with the se 211? Again I mostly do highway riding? Any thought?" I guess I could use 203 for now and do cams later? Hate rework if I can help it though. HAHAHAh

You do need the S/E manifold for the 44mm carb, as far as cams I think the 204 might be better suited for a heavy bike, but I really like the 211's, it is a higher rpm cam suited better for a lighter bike like the dyna, although I have put them in a couple Ultra's and had no complaints, just smiling customers. I'm like you, I hate rework and I think the 211's would put a smile on your face. Do your home work and research them all, there's a lot out there from good manufacturers, prodrag had another good option with the S&S 551G's. Building a engine is like going fishing, most of the fun is getting ready to go.

Re: upgrade to 103 -Update

Well all parts are on order and the 103 is a go. Decided to spend the dough and ordered the SE 44mm Carb and Intake too. What the heck the wife can only kill me once or stay mad for a few days. But a good engine can last for years. HAHAHAHA :D

Back