free website stats program Upgrade questions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Upgrade questions

I have been reading about the dobeck. Would that be a good option? I like the price. I just want a tuner that will be able to be adjusted for future mods. Trying to learn this EFI stuff is like trying to learn greek to me.

Yep and you get a discount and great tech support:s

I have and would, go with the TFI.

They have so many perks, and more members on this site recommend it, than others.

They are a member of this forum, so you can post questions, and ask for through here.

They were great to talk to on the phone, and spent time on the phone to explain in detail

Thats good to know. Today good customer service is getting harder to find, just my opinion. Ok, would I want to get the stage 1 download to richen it up first? I read that it does not override the download just uses the map as a baseline

Thats good to know. Today good customer service is getting harder to find, just my opinion. Ok, would I want to get the stage 1 download to richen it up first? I read that it does not override the download just uses the map as a baseline

As far as I know:::

the stage one download from HD changes the Top RPM level and richens the fuel a little... Still TOO LEAN as HD has to comply with EPA rules...

The TFI will "Piggy-Back" the fuel system and you Adjust it from there... It does Not Change the Down-load that HD puts in. TFI Completes the necessary fuel to give "proper mixture" above the HD setting...

When You order the TFI Ask and Tell them of mods done Now and What is planned for the future... They will set you straight on the Needed settings and they will be Real Close IF NOT right-on the first time.....:D

signed....BUBBIE

As I write, I am awaiting my new 2011 Road King which I'm having a Stage 1 (pipes, air cleaner, tuner (Screamin Eagle tuner)) and a Stage 2 (SE 254 cam & pushrods) installed. I think that alone, without going to work on the heads, will far and enough supply the extra hp and torque I'm looking for. I ride 2 up mostly.

BTW, I decided to go with the Screamin Eagle tuner which programs the onboard ECM instead of having to install a piggy back module (e.g., PowerCommander) which may cause problems with the ECM. I can always go back to the SE tuner when any future modifications (although don't plan on any at this time) are made.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been reading about the dobeck. Would that be a good option? I like the price. I just want a tuner that will be able to be adjusted for future mods. Trying to learn this EFI stuff is like trying to learn greek to me.

well if you know how to tune a carb then the dobecks gen3 will be easy. the modes are like changing jets and such in a carb.

Back