free website stats program upgrade over stock electronics on 07 | Harley Davidson Forums

upgrade over stock electronics on 07

what options are there to upgrade electronics on 07

• audio upgrade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dash and audio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

edgwen

Recently got a 07 ultra classic. Looks all stock. Wondering what options are out there to upgrade/ improve over the stock 7 pin plug and play.

I installed better speakers, tweeter pod and an amp on my '07 Classic (2 speakers). What would you want to upgrade on the dash?

Probably did not state my question correctly!! I truly am not sure what I want to do. My ride seems stock. I am looking in to options for audio upgrades if there are any worth $$. Looking on line with limited knowledge seems to do anything more than 7prong plug requires nearly 1k for Bluetooth system. Hoping someone has alternative solutions. When I said dash was speaking of control panel. Know that was too broad a term... sorry. I love the dials as are but wondered if there was newer soft buttons etc.

I'm not very knowledgeable about audio. I know it can get real expensive quickly, and manufacturers claims are often exaggerated. Maybe stop in a car audio store in your town, and see what they recommend? It may clarify some questions.
Take a look at Harley offerings at Crutchfield.com. I got CAR speakers from them, but they have Harley specific radios/speaker/harness' also.

Probably did not state my question correctly!! I truly am not sure what I want to do. My ride seems stock. I am looking in to options for audio upgrades if there are any worth $$. Looking on line with limited knowledge seems to do anything more than 7prong plug requires nearly 1k for Bluetooth system. Hoping someone has alternative solutions. When I said dash was speaking of control panel. Know that was too broad a term... sorry. I love the dials as are but wondered if there was newer soft buttons etc.
I am running a kenwood w/bluetooth head unit no CD, Rockford Fosgate amp, infinity 6.5 speakers in dash, rockford fosgate 6.5 speakers in tourpack pods. I also purchased a scoshe wire harness adpater (hand controls work), radio mount kit and speaker adpater rings. all for about $500 off of Amazon. Sounds great even at hwy speeds. There are certainly some much more expensive options that can run waaaaay more $$$ (biketronics, JM Audio, Arc Audio etc), but hey its on a motorcycle. I almost went with a higher price option but glad I didn't! Good Luck.

I am running a kenwood w/bluetooth head unit no CD, Rockford Fosgate amp, infinity 6.5 speakers in dash, rockford fosgate 6.5 speakers in tourpack pods. I also purchased a scoshe wire harness adpater (hand controls work), radio mount kit and speaker adpater rings. all for about $500 off of Amazon. Sounds great even at hwy speeds. There are certainly some much more expensive options that can run waaaaay more $$$ (biketronics, JM Audio, Arc Audio etc), but hey its on a motorcycle. I almost went with a higher price option but glad I didn't! Good Luck.

Similar setup here....I used the Biketronics adapter to retain all my handlebar controls, Sony Bluetooth head unit (MEX-5500), a Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4 watt amp in the fairing mounted above the radio running two Polk Audio 6.5" speakers in the fairing using adapters to convert from the stock 5.25", and two Polk Audio 6x9's using Hogtunes speaker lids on the bags. I'm about 1K in but the bag lids were pricey at $239 (unpainted).Much better than stock obviously, but we love our music.....we stream Pandora form our Iphones or songs from my Ipod via Bluetooth. It's loud even at highway speeds and I'm very happy with the upgrade.

Back