upgrade exhaust but keep the sound down

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by IR Rick, Jun 9, 2009.

1. IR Rick

IR Rick Active Member

Any body upgrade thier exhaust but was still able keep the noise down
    looking to get the bike to have a little more Hp:bigsmiley14: more.:p but i run with the goldwingers
    and they like it quite:bigsmiley24:

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

The newer Harley SE slipons will give you a bit more without the noise.

3. bradp

bradp Member

SE 4" slipons, stage 1 AC and a TFI. Sounds a bit louder/deeper on idle, twice a loud when your on the throttle. I'm not a fan of loud pipes so that's why I chose the SE pipes. They are probably the quietest pipes you'll find. Hp's up a bit. Like the TFI

4. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

As the others have said...HD Screaming Eagle slip-ons are free flowing AND meet EPA, State & Federal mandates...a real bargain when you think about it.

6. chefron

chefron Active Member

Also have the SE slip-ons and love em! Quiet when at idle or cruising but really bark when I jump on the throttle. Perfect combination of performance and Harley sound.

7. dmello

dmello Member

8. Trek

Trek Junior Member

Steve, I am within about a month of doing a Stage 1, How would you say the SE's are compared to the V&H monster ovals as far as sound and performance goes. If they are pretty close the SE's are a no brainer being half the cost. I am sooooo undecided still.

9. Trek

Trek Junior Member

Hobbit, why do you say monster ovals?

10. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

I have to cast a vote for Scream Beagles, their 50 state street legal and the quality is there. Perforamce without the noise.