free website stats program Upgrade alarm system. | Harley Davidson Forums

Upgrade alarm system.

Dublin Dave

My friend has purchased a 2000 road king and has the 'push button fob' for the alarm system, he is very impresed with 2007 alarm system which senses the fob , his alarm is always arming and he is always setting it off by accident, can this 2000 alarm system be upgraded to the 2007 version by purchasing the sensor and fobs and wire it to the existing alarm system or is it a total make over?
Cheer's
Dave

The cost involved would be prohibitive. The entire system would have to be changed including he TSSM and there's a possibility that the harnesses may not interchange too. Best bet is ti run it by the dealer and see if they can answer that question.
The dealer would have to initialize the system once installed if it could be done at all.

My friend has purchased a 2000 road king and has the 'push button fob' for the alarm system, he is very impresed with 2007 alarm system which senses the fob , his alarm is always arming and he is always setting it off by accident, can this 2000 alarm system be upgraded to the 2007 version by purchasing the sensor and fobs and wire it to the existing alarm system or is it a total make over?
Cheer's
Dave

I have an '03 UC with the "push button FOB". Sounds to me like your friend is either putting the FOB in his pocket and accidently actuating the button, or has a malfunction of the FOB. It should not arm the system without a serious attempt to do so. Suggest that he pop the FOB open, clean it out real well with a Q-tip or two (might use some alcohol on the Q-tip fairly dry), replace the battery while he has it open, and see what happens. With the bike sitting there off, and the FOB sitting on the tank, the alarm system should NOT arm.

Having said that, my alarm system can be set to auto-arm when the bike is turned off after a certain period (I think it is 30 seconds). This is something that here in the US is a user determined option. In other parts of the world, bikes come standard with this option (sorry, I can't remember where but I think Europe is one). So, get your friend to look in his user manual and deactivate the auto-arm feature if set that way. If not, and he has cleaned the FOB well, may be he should do what some of us do. Carry the key on a key ring, and keep the FOB locked in the saddle bag or tour pak.

TQ

Last edited:
Having said that, my alarm system can be set to auto-arm when the bike is turned off after a certain period (I think it is 30 seconds). This is something that here in the US is a user determined option. In other parts of the world, bikes come standard with this option (sorry, I can't remember where but I think Europe is one). So, get your friend to look in his user manual and deactivate the auto-arm feature if set that way. If not, and he has cleaned the FOB well, may be he should do what some of us do. Carry the key on a key ring, and keep the FOB locked in the saddle bag or tour pak.

TQ

Alarm Auto Enabling/Disabling (button FOB) - Harley Davidson Community

Fair play to both replies , what would we do without ye's, His alarm is setting itself on the minute he turns the bike off, just enough time to get your (edit) of the saddle. We were down at my house polishing the bikes and we had to leave his ignition turned on as not to annoy the neighbours.
Sadly he did not get a manual with the bike, but will tell him to ask the dealer, or to buy online..good night reading.
Thanks again Tquentin1 for the diagnostic and Glider for the cure...that two pint's of Guinness for you's... and seen that your not here ill' drink them for ye':):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back