free website stats program Updated Jiffy Stand-Anybody get one? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Updated Jiffy Stand-Anybody get one?

If I'm reading this service bulletin correctly, the bracket stamped OE allows the bike to lean over more while on the stand, if I can't find the stamp, it has the newer bracket... Is that correct?

I checked my 09 today and it already had the new one. The manufacture day was November 08 so I guess it was one they already put the new one on from the factory.

I checked my 09 today and it already had the new one. The manufacture day was November 08 so I guess it was one they already put the new one on from the factory.

That is correct. pre Sept. 30th (ish) 08' had the incorrect jiffy-stand bracket installed. After that they started installing the new ones at the factory. If you need to have yours changed, call the customer service at the MOCO and they will alert your chosen dealer that you will be coming in for the change. I called while mine was still at the dealer when new and the dealer called me 45min. later saying that they had just completed the change. Now that's the way customer service should work.:D

If I'm reading this service bulletin correctly, the bracket stamped OE allows the bike to lean over more while on the stand, if I can't find the stamp, it has the newer bracket... Is that correct?

The bracket stamped with OE allows the bike to lean LESS when the jiffy stand is deployed, making it easier to "right" (pickup vertically) the bike to put the jiffy stand up to get underway. Less rider stress and aggravation especially with a ladened bike or riding two up.:s

The alternative is to do as Hobbit says, do not use the OE bracket if you are lowering the bike as it will make the bike stand more upright with the unchanged bracket. :D

So with the newer Jiffy Stand bracket, and the bike sitting more up-right, does that have ant effect on the oil level while checking on the Jiffy Stand?

Back