Update~ Went to the doc

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by pookibr, Dec 5, 2008.

1. pookibr

pookibr Active Member

the first time since my motorcycle accident. I was so relieved when they took the bandages off and I had stitches instead of staples. My knee doesnt look to awful. Not like i pictured it would be. Although I was shocked when I seen the xrays. I took thesee with my cell phone so they arent the greatest. Buy I just could believe how much metal I have. 4 plates and over 2 doz screws.

Front View

[​IMG]

Side View

[​IMG]

2. 01dynaglide

01dynaglide Junior Member

WOW! That is crazy. I'm glad to hear things are getting better and you are healing up go.

3. SledDog

SledDog Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad you appear to be feeling better... You have a load of hardware in your leg!

Do you still have any external fixation? How long will you be off of it?

4. pookibr

pookibr Active Member

I have the knee stabilizer leg brace but they unlocked it and Im to start working with it and bending it. Still non weight bearing till at least Feb 12. That is the next doc appt.

5. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Glad to see your doing better. Airport security is going to love you!:bigsmiley30:

6. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Do all the Physical therapy it does help.

7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

So glad to see you on the mend and in good spirits...hope you get most of your range of motion back after giving yourself plenty of time for PT and full recovery. Try to enjoy the holidays with family and friends!

8. drake

drake Senior Member

Glad to hear you're doing better.Physical thearapy is going to hurt like the dickens! hope you make a full recovery and have a great time over the holidays!:small3d017:

9. 2002SilverSurfer

2002SilverSurfer Active Member

Looks like you are well on your way to starring in a remake of the old Bionic Woman and Six Million Dollar Man shows.... :p

Good to see you on the mend and getting better and stronger each day. As a guy who has had both knees dislocated (not quite as bad) the recovery is slow but you will do great and be good as new soon....

Our thoughts are with you.

Later,
    2002SilverSurfer

10. Romain

Romain Active Member

I'm glad you are doing well and wish you all the best but talk about customising! :)