free website stats program Update software to radio | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Update software to radio

I just the update and my radio, now when i turn it back on it is where i shut it was when i shut it off, thanks for the info
kurt k kotraba

How are the updates installed? bring your bike into your office/den/man cave so you can attach it to the computer? dealer insalls the update? just wondering.
cass

The dealers will do it for free.
Takes about the same amount of time to have a soft drink while waiting.

One thing the instructions don't say is that when you burn the cd, you have to "close" it. you can't leave the cd appendable or it won't work... Just sayin' :eek:)

Help, I am trying to update from 8.19 to 8.25.
Created CD, closed it, pushed "update", saw "insert CD", did and and all it does is show "verifying DSP image" and does nothing else, even after 30 minutes.
Anyone know what up ??

Did you do the below when you burned your cd? I remember that the record speed 8 or less was important.
(copied from HD HK update instructions)
Write/burn these two files to a CD (CD-R or CD-RW) in a standard format (HFS Plus/ISO 9660), iTunes (Audio CD), or MP3 (ISO 9660). Set your record speed down to eight or less and follow the instructions provided by your CD writing software

Put my cd in and it did nothing and now the CD will not eject...took out main fuse for 5 mins...still nothing...hasn't worked for me...

Help, I am trying to update from 8.19 to 8.25.
Created CD, closed it, pushed "update", saw "insert CD", did and and all it does is show "verifying DSP image" and does nothing else, even after 30 minutes.
Anyone know what up ??

Put my cd in and it did nothing and now the CD will not eject...took out main fuse for 5 mins...still nothing...hasn't worked for me...

I'm not positive but pretty sure that the updates are only for the Harman Kardon decks - if you have the decks that came on an 06 or earlier don't think the update is for those decks.

This kept happening to me. I have an 06 Ultra. I burned many CDs and they didn't work. I received similar messages with no results. I did a search online and read that the CD has to be burned at a slower speed(X4) where most modern computers/laptops CD/DVD burners burn a disc at (x20). I found a program for Windows called ImgBurn which lets you set the write speed to a much slower burn speed. That finally worked for me. But since that update, when I plug in my headset, I can see the rear passenger headset volume (with no passenger headset connected) rise automatically to the highest volume setting. I am able to turn it down manually but it usually rises again by itself.

Back