free website stats program Update software to radio | Harley Davidson Forums

Update software to radio

Llew

I found on HD site a updated version of Advanced Audio Software update to a version ST10 8.25. I installed it and can't seem to notice any difference, maybe I'm a little deaf. Does anyone know what the difference is in the updated?

Every so often someone will post a Harley service bulletin that tells what the update is for. Usually pretty minor, like fixing clock time gain (didn't work for mine).

I've been told that the newer version improved the VOX for the intercom system...I'm sure their are other changes as well..

I sometimes check bikes on the showroom floor and Version 8.25 is the latest I've found.
Yup, it would be nice to know what they fix/help.

I had V8.09 on my '07 Ultra and I kept losing reception. Upgraded to V8.19 a few years ago and it fixed my problem. I'll stay with V8.19 until I think I have another problem. If I do, then I'll go to the newest.

It would be nice if we knew what the upgrades fixed. When I asked the service department, they didn't know.

How are the updates installed? bring your bike into your office/den/man cave so you can attach it to the computer? dealer insalls the update? just wondering.

cass

How are the updates installed? bring your bike into your office/den/man cave so you can attach it to the computer? dealer insalls the update? just wondering.

cass

You download and burn a cd on your 'puter, then put the cd in the radio and it loads itself (most of the time).

Cool....thanks Breeze. thought that might be how you did it. had to do my dvd player similarly, unitl i got a wifi blue tooth.....

cass

You download and burn a cd on your 'puter, then put the cd in the radio and it loads itself (most of the time).
Breeze, where do we get that info to burn the CD? I have an '03 Ultra, would that latest update work, or even make a difference? Right now it works just fine but if there is an improvement on the VOX that others have mentioned,:( that would be great. I get annoyed with the walkie-talkie effect of CB's & cell phones where two people talk at the same time because they can't get there cues as to when to start & stop speaking.

Breeze, where do we get that info to burn the CD? I have an '03 Ultra, would that latest update work, or even make a difference? Right now it works just fine but if there is an improvement on the VOX that others have mentioned,:( that would be great. I get annoyed with the walkie-talkie effect of CB's & cell phones where two people talk at the same time because they can't get there cues as to when to start & stop speaking.

I think it's only for the H.K. "advanced audio" systems that came out in '06. I may be wrong. If you go to the HD site and search for Audio or radio, you get a page with a software download tab at the top right.

I think it's only for the H.K. "advanced audio" systems that came out in '06. I may be wrong. If you go to the HD site and search for Audio or radio, you get a page with a software download tab at the top right.
No, you're not wrong Breeze. i just called the dealer and he said that the newer bikes have the software updates. That's o.k. I'm satisfied with my radio & tunes. It just would have been nice to get that something extra if I could.:)

Back