free website stats program update roller chain conversion | Harley Davidson Forums

update roller chain conversion

kemo

R.I.P
Thought that I would pull my cam cover off today and maybe send the primary and cam cover out to get powder coated. Any how 3 years ago (40000 miles) I did the hydrolic cam tensioner conversion using the Herko kit and the Andrews 26N cams. I am happy to report that I see no wear on the new outsidetensioner. I cannot see into the inner tensioner but I am hoping that nothing is going on in there. So in case you were wondering how the tensioners are holding up they are grreat!!!
Ken

40,000 miles on your bike at the time of the change, or 40,000 miles on the new roller chain conversion?

40,000 miles since I did the conversion. The bike had 33,000 on it
miles when I did the swap.
Ken

sweet! Thats what i thought. I just had mine done about 6,000 miles ago. plenty more left to go.

Started tearing mine down for the conversion yesterday. Front spring tensioner destroyed, and little flakes of tensioner pad evident on outer surface of cam plate.

Inner tensioner appears barely worn. This is at 54,000+ miles with no previous replacements.

I was tempted to replace the front tensioner and button her up; but ordered the Herco kit, and 21N's. Hopefully the new tensioners will outlast me.

I have a 2009 Dyna Low Rider with the 96 in eng.
Is it true that it came stock with auto chain tensioners?

I have a 2009 Dyna Low Rider with the 96 in eng.
Is it true that it came stock with auto chain tensioners?

Yes its true if you are referring to the primary chain but you do have the hydraulic cam chain tensioner also.

Back