Update on 95"/cam build

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by jaxdwg, Mar 5, 2010.

1. jaxdwg

jaxdwg Active Member

Thought I'd bring you guys up to date on the 95" and cam build on my 02 wide glide. After putting about 1000 on it in the last 2 weeks after installing heads, 211 cams, 9.4:1 compression 95" pistons and cylinders, it goes like stink, idles perfecto, and if I treat it real nice, I can great great mileage to boot. Did a fuel economy run yesterday (55-60 and no hard accel) I got 53.5 mpg, 49.1 miles and it took .917 gal. to top it up. For the guy who just wants that extra poop without getting rad, I think this is a great way to go. A big thanks to you guys for the gooood advice, it turned out great---jack

2. Gator454

Gator454 Active Member

Congratulations! It sounds like you did a good job - especially with the fuel mileage.

Gator454

3. jaxdwg

jaxdwg Active Member

I'm not going get that mileage on any kind of regular basis because I like twisting the throttle waaaay too much. I get about 44 when riding under my "normal" riding style and 40 mpg at 85 on the freeway. I just wanted to see just how good it would do if I was trying to be extra nice to it.---jack

4. Chopper

Chopper Senior Member

Congrats on a job well done, you'll have plenty of trouble free mile ahead of you now, enjoy.