free website stats program Up-date on Mustang seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Up-date on Mustang seat

garyhdxlc

Original post.

New Mustang seat with wrinkles.
I just got a new 'wide vintage Mustang seat with drivers backrest' from 'westendmotorsports.com' But it came with wrinkles in the front part of the seat. I have always had Mustang seats and they never had any wrinkles in them. my 06 seat I have right now still looks like brand new. I called the place I got it from, Mike from Westend said to send him pics of it and then he would see what he can do to help me out. I think Mustang makes very good seats, but I don't like the looks of the wrinkles in this one. I should know by the end of next week what they will do about it. I believe I seen a thread on here before and a guy had the same problem. I think Mustang did replace it, but they gave him some trouble. Has any of you seen wrinkles in Mustang seats before?
I don't have pics yet my son will do that for me this week...
.................................................. .................................................. ....................
Up-date.
This was the beginning of a long journey.
First let me say that Mike at 'westendmotorsports.com was always very nice and he even called me twice. Alex at Mustang was great too. So I sent pics to Mike then he said to send it back. Westend sent me a new one seat #2 'same problem' Mike said to send pics of the second seat, I did and he said send it back and they would send me a 3rd seat. About 2 days before the 3rd seat came Mike called me and said the new one had some very small wrinkles but was sure it would be o.k. I got the 3rd seat and it did look good enough for me, but when I pushed it up in to the tank it had more wrinkles then the first 2. Now after 3 bad seats in a row I decided to go directly to Mustang. Alex at Mustang was very nice about it. He didn't know why I got 3 Wrinkled seats in a row. He took my word for everything didn't even make me send pics. He said they would try to repair it or send me a new one. About 2 weeks later I got my 4th seat and this nightmare is over. Now I have a seat that looks good even when pushed up to the tank. I cant believe the hell I went through but it's finely over.
Now that it is over, I don't know what to say about Westend, Mike was always great to me and yet I got 3 bad seats in a row from them, very strange. Alex at Mustang was also great and he took care of the problem even though I didn't buy it directly from them.
I'm very happy with the seat Mustang sent me looks to be very high quality, and I can tell you Mustang seats has great customer service...the end 'thank God'...

Sounds like a manufacturing process problem. Supplier was sending you what he had so I would not blame him. Sounds like Mustang also took corrective action. Hope they do a better with QC in future.

It is great that things were taken care of and no one tried to give you the old"They are all like that." You know the old HD line. But it is a aggravation.

Last edited:
Gary, good that you stuck with it. No customer should be "tested" if a new product is received that clearly has a latent defect. And yes you should send a thank you letter stating your satisfaction with the last one of four new seats you received, to their QA / PR / Marketing / Manufacturing as a kind of "report card testimony." JMO The Mustang products can be rather expensive, but a matching level of quality would have been to send the right one the first time. One out of four seats should mean a lot of water cooler conversations at Mustang, one would think.

Mean City Cycle does custom seat work, and they are great.

I got my Sundowner redone by them, and it's WAY more comfortable, especially for long trips. I am very happy with it.

Getting it modified was way cheaper than a new one, too.

Moe.

Back