free website stats program Unidentified object | Harley Davidson Forums

Unidentified object

I was tearing down and cleaning the Keihin 40mm CV carb on 02 FXDWG and this piece of brass fell out. What is it and where does it go? I don't see it anywhere on exploded view in my manual.

Attachments

• SAM_0136.jpg
    SAM_0136.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 62
Possibly the cable guide on the side of the carb or a bushing for one of the linkages on the side like the accelerator pump above the spring where it goes into the bell crank.

Think that it goes in the black plastic top of the diaphram cover. It is supposed to stop a screw from breaking a corner off the top. You will have to figure out which corner that it fits.
Ken

Glider may be right but it looks like the collor for the acclerator push rod.

I was tearing down and cleaning the Keihin 40mm CV carb on 02 FXDWG and this piece of brass fell out. What is it and where does it go? I don't see it anywhere on exploded view in my manual.

Thats funny. When I rebuilt mine not too long ago, I had the exact same thing happen. It was laying on the work bench and I had no idea where it fell out from. It does go in one of the holes on top of the black plastic top cover. The one with the bracket attached to it that the throttle cables go thru. If the carb was on the bike, it's the hole in the back (furthest from the air cleaner), and closest to the front end. Guess it gives the bracket a little more support.

Back