free website stats program Unhappy Harley Owners?? Why?? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Unhappy Harley Owners?? Why??

I am not unhappy about my Harley at all. In fact I rode just about every other scooter make and finally got my HD, and zero regrets. Everything I thought and hoped it would be it is. I love all scooters, but I love HD by far the best. Any issues is part of the charactor and heritage that comes with it. Nothing compares in my book. They may build them as good but they can't match the legacy. :D

Scotracy - the problem is these forums WILL give you a negative skewed view that everything is broken and everyone came here with a problem with the brand. and while true most of us came here because we HAD an original problem or question looking for answers.

It is probably why HD does NOT want to have customer service on their website because it draws problems in...rather than routing them to their extended dealer network. What is the easiest way to solve a problem? Answer: Give it to someone else...:p It took me awhile to figure that out after only owning an HD for a few years. Think of a hospital..everyone comes in with a problem and sometimes it is not the best place to "get fixed". :newsmile040:

Exactly right.

It's like a family thing. We join here, and list our model, and then discuss the skeletons in the closet. BUT we take offense if non family disparages any of the clan.

Agreed. "Never tell anyone outside the family what you're thinking." -Don Corleone. :s

For me it is a LOVE-HATE relationship!!!

I Love it when the weather is Warm and i get to ride.

I Hate it when the weather is Cold and I get to ride.

signed....BUBBIE

When I first started on this forum I was thinking about getting a Harley. After reading some of the posts I wondered how reliable the Harley family really was. After spending some time on this forum I have found so much information about the Harley family. I am a mechanic and anything mechanical has problems. I will say I have rode metric models before I finally got my HD. Wonderful as I expected with zero mechanical problems as of yet. You get so much more for your money. My father has always rode HD and I used to give him a hard time. Then he asked me one day if I would like to ride his Fat Boy. Sold--went and bought mine a few days later.

DD, that is the point, Honda may say "-the nicest people ride on a Honda" but sooner or later the everyman's bike will "--always be a Harley"...been riding for over 25 years, and the first group to ever "invite" me to one of their rides was a group of riders MMA riding out of Vallejo many years ago...one of the lead riders waved and said to me riding my newly "minted" XJ550J Yamaha Maxim laughingly said "--someday you will ride a real motorcycle, but come on and join us on our Toy Run..." never gave it a second thought, bought a large stuffed animal at a local store...then in August 2008 his words would ring true...! Yeah, I like my Sporty, it pushes all the right buttons...never an unhappy moment in all of my years of riding! While I always have been a fan of 2 wheeled sports...the Harley marque still lives on, and I am a satisfied customer, and proud to be a part of it!

im happy with mine ,its what i expected a harley to be.ive had german and japernise
bikes and still ride a suzuki every day to work.cant even say ive noticed a whine in 5th gear or any other and the bandit suffers from carb iceing in winter.plus harley only very rare back fireing when hot after shutting of throtle ( khromewerks slipons se fule pack easy breath filter )

Right now I am unhappy with both the dealer and HD...I have a tire issue they don't want to address...May have had some luck by calling Dunlop and will know Mon/Tues.

Would I buy another Harley....you bet...its a family thing for sure.

Jerry just try another dealer .There are a few in your area.I have never been given the runaround on my tire warranty by HD. and I seem to have gotten more then my share of bad dunlops.:34:

As Steve says and let customer service at The MOCO know of thebad experience with the dealers, They do want to know these things I had a bad experiience a few years ago under factory warranty where a local Stealer wanted to bill me and I believe bill the Moco. I called the MoCo and got a written letter of apology and some discount coupons on there dime.

Just seems like the dealer I purchased the bike from just don't want to bothered...I've done all the leg work from the CEO to Dunlop...Will see what happenes this week....They all think I am looking for something for nothing (except Dunlop)....just address the problem...I even offered to send the used rear tires back at my expence for them to look at....Glad I am retired and have time to keep the pressure on.....

Back