free website stats program Unhappy Harley Owners?? Why?? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Unhappy Harley Owners?? Why??

It's like a family thing. We join here, and list our model, and then discuss the skeletons in the closet. BUT we take offense if non family disparages any of the clan.

Ditto.
I've heard all the negative stereotypical comments against buying a Harley over the years, but I bought one anyway and love it.
Anything man-made will break eventually:34:; some are just unlucky it happens sooner rather than later and some don't acknowledge their contribution to stuff breaking:bigsmiley15:.
There will always be something we think could be improved and there will always be bean counters cutting corners just to ensure their bottom line is met.

If we lived in a perfect world - then we'd have nothing to complain about...I don't see alot of super negative posts bashing MOCO. Sometimes people just need to vent a bit to feel better about their situation. Ask my wife - I do it all the time..;)

I have always said made by man it will break..seriously i have always liked the design of h/d bikes to me they look like a bike should,, working mans bike..its like a loved one you over look the problems & work it out..

To add to this sentiment, I think the loyalty impacts the pride HD owners feel:
I want to own/be part of an American Legend. I want my HD (and any other, really) to be top quality, bomb proof. To say, "Yeah, it costs more than some others, but you get what you pay for...." Then I read about plastic parts in the transmission or "pressed on" shaft in my 07 and then want to scream at the MOCO: It should have been build solid to begin with OR I would have paid even a little more to have it done RIGHT the first time. Then you realize that profit, greed and plain old bad decisions are part of every brand. I just wanted HD to be different, just because it appears that HD was pulled from the brink by the grass roots of loyal customers and workers.

I think that is why is appears that there are so many unhappy HD owners, especially on a great site like this: our pride wants HD to be the best. When it isn't, we get upset. (kinda like having kids)

Wouldn't trade mine for anything! In fact, I see myself owning several if possible.

When I bought my first one 20 years ago, people/freinds/family said why'd you buy one of though's tractors/junks/oil leaker. Now that's what they ride:D :worthy. I bought mine couse my dad aways bragged about his old Harleys and how great they are, he was right:USA

I have ridden for about forty years. The first 35 were on metrics, because that's what I could afford or what fitted the purpose I had. Now that I'm older i have owned two Harleys. The newest one, on my first oil change a chunk of case came out with the plug. Certainly not the bike's fault but an overstrong wrench. The friends on this site came to my rescue and I fixed it within a couple days. I love my bike,gives me a reason to go out into the air. This site gives me the ability to fix and maintain it. Both are super and will not change either.

Love hate relationship. Love the bike and how it works but hate the dealer attitude and the Moco's 'I am Lord' attitude too. I'd still buy another one in a heart beat however.

The way I look at it is I had a 1958 pan head then I had a 1960 sporster that I stoke rode that a while then A M F bought the company,when that happen I stop riding for 15 years 7 years ago I bought a 2002 wide glide I could not belive how much had change I rode that bike for three years then bought a new Herritage in 2006 and would not change it for two of any other brand if harleys are so bad why have they been around for over a hundred years. There will always be a spatic in the bunch (LOVE MY HARLEYS):newsmile01:

That is a deep thought!! Thanks for everyones input. I do Love My Harley's, 4th one I have owned, and even tho I have looked at other bikes, still come back to my Harley. I will always stay as long as Harley will have me.

Back