free website stats program Underway Replenishment | Harley Davidson Forums

Underway Replenishment

Rocket J.

...or chow on the fly.

I was munching on my favorite bike riding snack and got to wondering what some other tasty snacks are that folks eat while riding. Probably something that's not sticky/messy that will easily fit into a pocket and can be handled with the left hand. My favorite are salted sunflower seeds. I reach into my pocket and dredge up 3 of them and pop them into my mouth. After sucking the salt for a bit I rotate them around to get the seam of a seed just right and crack it with my teeth to get to the little meat of the seed. After cracking and eating each one I'll savor the empty hulls for a few minutes before getting rid of them for another batch of 3 fresh seeds. I've tried 4 or more at one time, but that gets too hard to keep them organized in my mouth to line up to crack.

I also like Slim Jims and jerky, but learned the hard way they can tend to bind you up if you eat too much (like I did on a 1200 mile road trip to Texas).

What are some other snacks that are well suited to chow down on while riding?

I enjoy sun flower seeds, much like you do and also will carry Twizzlers, both Strawberry and the licorice flavor.

Charms sour-apple blow pop with gum. (candy sucker) The big ones if I can find them.

When I pull my faceshield down I gotta bend the stick down...:D

I don't eat much while riding, I usually take care of that on my gas stops. If I do snack, twizzlers are good, but I especially enjoy a dip of Skoal longcut (any flavor will do.)

fiveoh455 nice to here from another south bender on forum..... on eating / ridding yogert bars...

Yeaaaaaah, good sounding snacks...except for the dirt and bugs. I have a windshield so you can have my share of the dirt and bugs.

A cup holder on your bike? What will they think of next, a cigarette lighter and cruise control? In your case I'll bet it's iced coffee your drinking from it this time of year.

If you gotta spit that chew, I'll wager you aren't wearing a full face helmet, for sure.

Back