Undecided...

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by CIB1Infantry, Mar 16, 2010.

1. CIB1Infantry

CIB1Infantry Member

Well,
    I took the wife into the dealership with me the other night...
    I needed a gasket and she walks in and says to me "You should buy this one" pointing at a Road King Classic.
    Now if it were possible I would keep the FXDXT and buy the RKC, unfortunately that isn't the case...
    I love my T-Sport and am not really ready to part with it, but I also would like a bigger bike (preferably the Streetglide)...
    I have found a New 2010 RoadKing police model with the 103" motor for $15,995 and that is quite a tempting price, I could easily add the fairing and pretty much have a "streetglide"
    anyway, just wanting to get some opiinions.
    Thanks,
    Mike

2. martin14

martin14 Active Member

When the wife says ' you should buy...',
    Dont think, just do it !

You can always blame her later.. :)

3. littlepglt

littlepglt Member

I totally agree. If the wife is eager to buy, then think about buying. Any chance you might could work in keeping the FXDXT???

4. Bait

Bait Active Member

What an awesome price! MSRP on a 2010 Red Road King is $16,999.00. I would imagine a Police Model with 103 ci engine, LE saddlebags, windshield, and air adjustable solo seat would be at least a couple grand more.

5. oldhippie

oldhippie Senior Member

It just doesn't pay to argue with the wife.:newsmile036:

6. ugocon

ugocon Active Member

Among the touring bike, I think the Street Glide is the best: comes with chromed engine, radio, cruise control (only there are no additional beams)

I like the Road King but take into consideration that it's equipped with a windshield: buffeting at high speed!

The good thing is that it you can quickly release the windshield and drive as a naked bike.

But I like the Street Glide! :D

Ciao
    Ugo

7. Safehaven

Safehaven Active Member

You should follow your heart in this case, now you just need to decided where that lies :s

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Good time to buy and keep your wife happy too

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

CIB1Infantry, you have to admit that Martin does have a point...does your wife have a sister? :laugh

10. Lancer

Lancer Junior Member

Mama ain't happy, nobody's happy.