free website stats program ultrasonic hornet deer alert | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

ultrasonic hornet deer alert

I can use the extra dough send it to me, I think they are a waste of money:p

If they really worked I would think that insurance agencies would mandate them on vehicles.

Plus, you are riding a Harley, how can you blame them for coming to see what it looks like as you rumble by?:s
I don't think they are trying to hit you, they are trying to go for a ride!

Believe the deer alerts work about as well on deer as the tiny bells and pepper spray work on bears.

i don't think they work either, am i right by assuming they work on the same platform as a "dog whistle"

Believe the deer alerts work about as well on deer as the tiny bells and pepper spray work on bears.

thats a good point, that being said you know you cantell the difference in bears by the poop.

the black bears poop have small rodent and varmint bones and fur along with berries.

brown bear and grizzly bear poop smells like pepper spray and has bells in it............................:lolrolling

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the other posts, deer whistles are not effective. Just like the sirens on my patrol car, I am usually out-driving the sound they make when responding code. Studies show that our wig wag headlights are visible before the red and blues and before the siren is heard off of a long straight stretch test area. That being said, I live in the Pacific Northwest, Deer and Elk capital. Deer will stop and look before moving out of way. Instinctual. A moving target is a visible target in the animal kingdom. Elk, well they know they are the biggest things on the road and just don't care. Best way to avoid deer is to work your eyes and look for them.

Back