ultrasonic hornet deer alert

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by ironmule, Dec 8, 2010.

1. ironmule

ironmule Member

do these things work....? looked at some info on the web ... dont kow who
    to believe. lookin for some feedback thanks,IM.

2. ironmule

ironmule Member

thanks, Tank

3. ironmule

ironmule Member

kinda what I thought , thanks IM.

4. johnkarlfl

johnkarlfl Active Member

Had them on an older car I bought. Didn't seem to do anything.

5. cyborg

cyborg Active Member

New Jersey State Police say they work, they use them on all there NJSP cars.

6. bubbacraft

bubbacraft Active Member

A lot of deer where I live, I have tried just about everything from big bush guards on our trucks to whistles and air horns. If a deer is running scared across the road and the sound of your screaming eagle pipes wont stop it nothing will. I never ride at dusk or dawn on back roads because I don't want to be remembered as road kill.

7. PaPa T

PaPa T Active Member

I drive a charter bus and we have put htem on the busses and we still have about the same collision with deer. I have found that with my 2" rush pipes when they hear me they stop dead kin their tracks still I pass then run off. May be just a coincident. Who know. A 357 magnum will stop them.

8. bubbacraft

bubbacraft Active Member

LOL I have trouble shooting one with a riffle in a stand, love to see that shot with the 357 while on your Hog :s

9. PaPa T

PaPa T Active Member

they are standing right next to you. I have killed one every year with my pistol. Never done one moving though.:D

10. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

Like Top said plenty of deer here in Wisconsin. My buddy bought them and put them on his new truck "BAM" brought that 9 point buck right out of someones yard and did 8k damage the first night out. Waste of money I say.