free website stats program ultra glide vs gold wing | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

ultra glide vs gold wing

The wife and i saw a couple on their Golwing the other day....and i say SAW, as we did not hear it start, or pull away !

I like to hear my bike run.

I am still a firm believer in Our past time, even though their is foreign parts on it

The wife and i saw a couple on their Golwing the other day....and i say SAW, as we did not hear it start, or pull away !

I like to hear my bike run.

I am still a firm believer in Our past time, even though their is foreign parts on it

You nailed that one:p

I wanted a harley I really did but not enough money in pocket so......I bought a 1986 gl1200 about 15 years ago and still have it. Now i have a 2009 ultra classic. The thing i noticed most was how top heavy the ultra is compared to the gl1200.Under 5 miles and hour it is almost scary how unruly the ultra is.But once underway the gl1200 dosen't hold light to the ultra.I practiced slow manuvers yesterday on the ultra and feel i'm getting better.For me the honda is for shorter rides in town.The ultra is best for touring.

first trip out with my 09 ultra we went thru NY city - between the Throgs neck & the GW bridges the traffic was so slow a guy in a wheel chair passed me. fully packed & two up the bike was solid & stable, just remember to turn your head and not your shoulders at crawling speeds

Back