ultra glide vs gold wing

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by bubba1213, Sep 2, 2010.

1. bubba1213

bubba1213 Member

so who has had a goldwing and went to a ultra glide I really like the new ultra limited

2. 67wizard

67wizard Junior Member

I ahve had four wings and two different cruisers,. the last wing being a bright yellow 1800. thyen two different cruisers. Got rid of a vulcan 2000 cc and bought the Harley UC. I have had a blast with this bike. The SO likes it and rides when she can. I have put over 12K miles since last Dec. If I knew this bike was this much fun I would have bought one a long time ago.

3. marcus22

marcus22 Junior Member

my dad had a wing and held to sell it because his bad back. a year later I bought my ultra and he rode it and sure enough he bought one and he goes on long trips with me. his back is fine on it.

4. glenalt

glenalt Junior Member

I really like the Limited too. LOL

5. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

So, you came to THE HD forum to ask opinions about UC/GW? I'm guessing the current Hondu guys aren't speaking up very loud here......... UC all the way, hands down!

Bodeen

6. Eazyduzzit

Eazyduzzit Member

I just got my Ultra a couple of weeks ago. I test rode a Wing and several Harleys. I liked both, but bought the Ultra because of the style. The only thing I don't like about the Harley so far is the heat on my right leg.
    My other bike is water cooled and it's a huge difference. It's not bad on a cool day, but we haven't had many cool days lately here.

7. kemo

kemo R.I.P

You ever been to MacDonalds and asked them what they think about a Burger King hamburger. About the same comparison here. Yep the Harleys are better no comparison.
    kemo

8. chopper75

chopper75 Member

good one kemo

9. Randall K. Wilson

Randall K. Wilson Junior Member

I am a Harley man, period. (I own one Honda:rofl)
    IMHO the Gold Wing is the best thing that ever happened to Harley Davidson. In reality I think its popularity and sales "nudged" HD to improve their machines. Hence that is what I like about a Gold Wing. Honestly though, I have never rode one...so I'm clueless about them for the most part.

10. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

Had a 73 750 honda long timeago been H/D since 75....wings just look long,,