free website stats program Ultra faster in 5th than 6th gear | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra faster in 5th than 6th gear

I posted this with a smile on my face....tongue in cheek...as they say. My mate wasn't having a problem with the car, they were just having a good old race on a long long stretch of quiet highway and he had been in 6th for a long spell and just couldn't get her to go any faster, so hee dropped her a gear and got the extra speed...all a bit of fun really. He caught the car later when they got to a town and had a good laugh together about it...friendly folks down here and we ain't allowed to carry guns, so really the only thing we can shoot off with....is our mouths....grin.
One thing we do have to take care with is our speed, if you are caught exceeding 140kph thats kph not mph they will cancel your licence on the spot and you have to call someone else to pick up your bike or get it towed away, your licence is cancelled for 28 days and you still have to go to court and will get a fine of up to $1000 and if the judge is in a really bad mood could cancel your licence again for up to 12 months or more depending on how many convictions for speeding you have had in the past...Good money earner for the Government of course....When or if your licence is cancelled it is your entire licence so you cannot even drive your car or like me your truck...even if it is your business....hence you are reaaaaaal careful about where you speed...LOL

Richs you took the words right out of my mouth. On my classic I do the same thing, checking if I'm in 5th. Until I bought the shift indicator from Dakota digital works mint!

I am in a little bit different category, but I really wish that I had a 7th gear. Of course with a 125, i'm not running out of power in 6th and wish that I could lower my rpm's just a little bit when cruising on the highway. Heard baker was coming out with one (maybe they already did), but I was able to shred through a tranny in about 3000 miles with a stouter 6speed, and don't wanna test my luck with an even smaller gear set on the 7 speed.

Back