free website stats program Ultra Cool Fan | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Cool Fan

Drumrguy, use the Ultra Cool if that is your choice...just wanted you to know that both the Jagg and HD coolers have internal "vane/fin" structures lining the inside of the tubes that stir the oil allowing more surface area contact within the cooling tubes and ultimately to the outer fins...hence the trademark "turbulator cooling fins"...it is like adding length to a finned heatsink, so even in calm air dead stop, the oil being stirred in center at 250 deg F, still being cooled by the outside 100 deg F relatively cool air (a 150 deg F delta). One other thing, fans are unreliable mechanical devices that military grade equipment do not like to use because of poor MTBF (Mean Time Before Failure)...a quality/reliability calculation.

Last edited:
NEWHD74FAN, did not know that, thanks, maybe I need to look into those a little more. You gotta break things down for me !!!!!! :cheers

I have to agree with SledDog, I live in Fl. and have the HD oil cooler. I don't do much in town riding and seldom see the oil temp guage over 200F. Even running thru town the temp sitting in traffic has not gone to the 210F required to turn the fan on.

Well, I do not Amsoil in my bike yet, but it runs a little over 200 degrees, I am still going with a cooler, they work in my opinion, and definately going with Amsoil to help bring oil temp. down.

Back