free website stats program Ultra Cool Fan | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Cool Fan

I have a custom EVO with a 96" stroker kit.
Allen

Attachments

• Pink basket 2.jpg
    Pink basket 2.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
I have an Ultra Classic with a modified motor, so I do not think that fan will work for me, the Ultra cool fan has a automatic t-sat also.

I agree it sounds a little pricey, but if you live in a hot climate like here in Florida, how much is your engine worth?

I agree it sounds a little pricey, but if you live in a hot climate like here in Florida, how much is your engine worth?

I live in Florida and ride all my bikes during hot weather. Never have seen a need for a cooling fan on any of them. Even the Shovelhead. Maybe if you are doing parade riding, cruising main street all the time, or doing extended idling. Other than that, you will have no problems.

That is not true, I believe that any way you can lower your oil temperature is a good thing, me personally, instead of having to spend another 5000.00 to rebuild my motor I could take that 5000.00 and take it even further, besides, with the way these newer bikes run on the lean side, they run hotter, I have had plenty of Shovelheads with 93" stroker motors that did not run as hot as my twin cam, so I am electing to cool my motor. 400.00 compared to 5000.00, I'll buy the cooler.

Drumrguy, buy the HD cooler, the $200 savings can be used for something else, like better lubes in Engine, Tranny and Primary. And if your ride is new, full warranty applies, and you can add chrome or bling as well with the money you save.

I am not worried about the cash, and personally my bike is all chromed out and has all the accessories, but I ride so you cannot see it anyways, I still say the more protection to keep the heat off the motor is a bonus, I do not worry about the cash, if I did I would not have a Harley.

Sleddog,
My 2007 96 ci twin cam gets plenty hot in the summer here in Orlando. Idling at a traffic light there is an unbelievable amount of heat being shed by that motor in 97 deg F, 30+ % humidity. Now granted, the bike is working exacly like it should, emit a lot of heat instead of holding it all in, but I'm certain I'm banging up against the upper limits of synthetic oil. If I was running conventional oil in it I'm sure I'd of had one coked up motor by now.

Back