free website stats program Ultra comms | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra comms

I can't rave enough about edsets comm systems, he is a great guy and the system sounds awesome, another trick he told me about was putting shrink tube on the microphone, it will get rid of some wind noise.

I'm not sure I understand how the shrink tube on the mike would help. From the previous post it's shrinks around the mike. How is it going to pick up if you close it off with the shrink tube. I know this sounds like I am a dummy but I'm just trying to understand it.

Yeah, I'd kinda like an explaination on that myself. My intercom/headset works great with just the little foam sock over the mic. I have heard stories that the mic boom will break away from the part that clamps to the helmet if you constantly swing it out from in front of your mouth. Hasn't happened to mine yet.

I got one (free - hahahaha) with the new limited. had problem with the cord connection at the helmet. Pushed it in tight and used a couple of small black tie wraps to fasten cord to mic stem. Seems to work fine now. Was able to bury ear phones into cheek pads of ARAI full face helmet and mic is tucked away nicely, guys say they can hear me fine. Music's not as good as it is from bike's speakers but I can hear at fwy speeds now.
WAP.gif

Larry, try wearing ear plugs and see if your music sounds better in the helmet. It works wonders for me and my J&M Elite headset in my Arai Astral-X.

Back