free website stats program Ultra comms | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra comms

mlrc10

Picking up our new Ultra Classic Thursday and I was want some input.How well does the does the Intercom and CB work through the Harley headset.Also, we both wear the half helmets,do those little sock pockets the speakers fit in work or are going to have to switch to a 3/4 helmet.Guess anything beats hollering @ 75 mph LOL Thanks

Been using the intercom for 7 years on two different bikes. The intercom is great. On the 08 I have to set the vox up and down based on speed. Around town leave it up pretty high but at highway speed, I knock it down a notch or two. The CB range is pretty short but you have the small ground plane issue. In range, it works well.
I use 3/4 helmet. I am guessing the little socks should work pretty good.
Make sure you get the mike mounted securley. Do all the setup before you start out. It is a little consuming to try and make the changes while you are riding.

Thanks Mattman, I've heard some good and some bad.If you haven't gone to something aftermarket it must work OK.That's what I'm looking for. Thanks again

We did replace the cable on the passenger set after 4 years of plugging in and un-plugging. Other than that, we never have missed a beat.
Once you get used to the intercom, bumping the vox up and down is easy. Just getting used to it.

The Boom audio versions are a nice upgrade from the stock ones if you ever have to add one or replace a damaged one.

I have a 2000 Ultra and have had to change the cable [spagetti?]. I also just sprung for two new foam ear pieces. I had sticker shock on that purchase!

I can't rave enough about edsets comm systems, he is a great guy and the system sounds awesome, another trick he told me about was putting shrink tube on the microphone, it will get rid of some wind noise.

I can't rave enough about edsets comm systems, he is a great guy and the system sounds awesome, another trick he told me about was putting shrink tube on the microphone, it will get rid of some wind noise.

What is shrink tube?

Back