free website stats program ultra classic went down on can food run, read why. | Harley Davidson Forums

ultra classic went down on can food run, read why.

ron1978

Saturday, I attended a can food run and about 50 or so showed to ride, well 1 of my friends has a 2008 ultra classic, he is a short man about 5,4 weights 280, and his wife was with him she's 5'0 260. we went on the 15 miles ride to end up at a out reach place to drop food off, when we got there ,there was a 5 or 6" difference in the black top and gravel drive, he went across it first ,i heard it scrap badly on bottom, then as i'm parkin mine, i saw him and his wife fall over all the way, i ran over there and it took 4 guys to get it back up right with them on it still, after we got them off we saw what happend, when he drug bottom he ripped his kickstand spring off the kickstand itself, so when he kicked it down , instead of locking all the way out it was flopping around under there, he leaned over to park and he said it never checked up, just beware of this problem if you ever bottom drag, and yea that ultra classic is heavy with extra 500+ lbs. on it too.

WOW. The picture I am drawing in my head is not a good one. I have never scraped my Ultra to that point and don't intend to, but good advice in case......

yea man it was like the only way in this place, only thing that saved his leg is the floorboards caught most of the lick,

I'm glad everyone was ok. One question though why didn't the rider and passenger get off the bike before you lifted it? Just curious.

WOW! I watched a guy and his wife drop a Goldwing yesterday to, and supposedly a car pulled out in front of a bike a the bike ran into the car.

Tipped my EGC over in the garage today. The sidestand seemed to not be fully extended :( I will check the spring tomorrow,thanks for the heads up.

reason for them still on , both were still caught under it on the side that hit ground pinned them both , when we stood it up they were still on it.

Yeah, almost 800 lbs of bike with an extra 4 - 500 of rider and pax and I can see how that would be heavy! Glad to hear they weren't hurt badly. I've never scraped the bottom that hard! Good thing to keep in mind though if I ever do. Why didn't he dismount the pax first? It would've made the bike easier to control and he'd of had a little more ground clearance.

I'm havin' a bit of a problem trying to visualize how a 5'4" 280 lb. dude could get a foot on the ground anyhow. His 5'0" 260 lb. wife was probably wedged between the tour pack and the drivers backrest.

Saturday, I attended a can food run and about 50 or so showed to ride, well 1 of my friends has a 2008 ultra classic, he is a short man about 5,4 weights 280, and his wife was with him she's 5'0 260.

If you check the vehicle load carrying weight restrictions (gross vehicle weight), I believe this is seriously overloaded unless they have helium in the tires. :newsmile040:

Back