free website stats program Ultra Classic oil | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Classic oil

I am new at this so here goes. Just bought myself a 2009 ULTRA Classic and after reading hundreds of post on the subject I got questions for you more experience riders.
AMSOIL 20w50 synthetic for the motor
RED LINE v-twin trany w/shock proof and last RED LINE v-twin primary case oil.
What do you think of my selection of products for my new bike

GOOD SELECTION.....YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD!

ON your shockproof,,, are you using HEAVY? this is important as redline shockproof comes in 3 different weights HEAVY is the one for the HD tranny...

I PERSONALLY WOULD and DO USE

20/50 REDLINE OIL** (no difference from the V-twin to the reg. label but 3$)

MTL or V-twin primary both REDLINE do the same job (bike label $$)

REDLINE SHOCKPROOF HEAVY for tranny

MANY BIKES AND THOUSANDS OF MILES.....I SWEAR BY THESE PRODUCT AND NEVER AT THEM.

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks again getting alot of good info from the forum!! Also do very many do the oil scavenger thing? Thinking about buying the one that Rogue Chopper sales or is it worth doing?

have a question just bought a new used 2008 ultra classic limited edition with 4500 miles on it. I read the service manual though maybe a different language than that of a car repair , little confused on what weight of oil to use to change and the tranny as well. ?

I prefer Castrol in all my vehicles just seems to work for me so what do you all think ?

thanks for all input is much welcomed

Vinn

have a question just bought a new used 2008 ultra classic limited edition with 4500 miles on it. I read the service manual though maybe a different language than that of a car repair , little confused on what weight of oil to use to change and the tranny as well. ?

I prefer Castrol in all my vehicles just seems to work for me so what do you all think ?

Vinn

Be sure to use good quality oil that is specific for the needs of the Harley. 3 different holes would require 3 different types of oil. 20-50 is recommended in the engine. Though some run engine oil in all 3 holes which is not advisable. But its your ride, you decide.

Yeah kinda hard to get if you don't know a dealer...My friend is a dealer so no problem for me,but going thru the internet is a pain and then you pay shipping on top of it. If you go on internet then most times they can find you a dealer in your area. I personally swear by it,it has been a good performer and gives you the option to go more miles before a change...I use it for ALL applications (engine,tranny,primary) and have yet for it to let me down. All a matter of opinion I guess as there are just many quality products to choose from. Find a dealer I guess would be my suggestion...great oil but like everyone has said,their marketing kinda sucks.

Vinn

20-50 for motorcycles or ever 20-60 in the hotter climates. Not sure if Castrol has a 20-50 synthetic motorcycle oil but Mobil 1, Redline, Belray, are all good choices.

I am new at this so here goes. Just bought myself a 2009 ULTRA Classic and after reading hundreds of post on the subject I got questions for you more experience riders.
AMSOIL 20w50 synthetic for the motor
RED LINE v-twin trany w/shock proof and last RED LINE v-twin primary case oil.
What do you think of my selection of products for my new bike

All excellent choices; however, you could replace the 20W50 with several other brands to no ill effect.:s

Back