Ultra Classic luggage

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by jaceddie, Jan 8, 2010.

1. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Have any of you found any type of luggage that will sit on the rear seat that doesn't tear up the speaker covers. I have luggage that I had with a Heritage ( SAC ) that I really like, but the width is just enough that they contact the covers. I've replaced one set ( they are expensive ) so I would like to find something that will work. HD has narrow luggage that they recommend for a UC, but it's really small. I go on long trips and need all the luggage space I can get. Also, maybe you know of something I can put over the covers to protect them.

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

3. DandyDoug

DandyDoug Member

I like using my Ortleib dry bag mounted accross the rear seat. It is totally waterproof and holds everything I jam inside.

4. LeoHD

LeoHD Account Removed

I like to use a army dufflebag. There cheap and work good and are good to lean on.

5. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

I use a dry bag on the passenger seat as it has an ever changeable shape.
    Takes a lot of abuse.
    Cheap, tough and most important.... water-proof!

6. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Thanks for all the replies.

7. jaceddie

jaceddie Junior Member

Iceman, are they waterproof, or do you have waterproof covers for them?

8. Ozman

Ozman Member

Check out Saddleman luggage. I have one that expands and doubles as a back pack for easier carrying. I comes with a water resistant nylon cover and lots of buckle / strap adapters. I simply strap mine over the passenger back rest and loop it around my trunk luggage rack. I can fit about 6-7 days worth of clothes in it fully expanded and it provides a great back rest. I paid about $120 for it at a specialty motorcycle retailer outside Pittsburgh but I'msure you can find 'em on line. Good luck

9. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Jaceddie; I just saw a passenger seat bag in the HD web catalog. Kinda pricy @ 2 HD's, might be worth a look.

10. fin_676

fin_676 Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I use dry bags on both the rack and the rear seat hold a lot of stuff and are waterproof
    not the best looking luggage but easy to use and practical and dont cost much

Brian