free website stats program Ultra Classic luggage | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Classic luggage

jaceddie

Have any of you found any type of luggage that will sit on the rear seat that doesn't tear up the speaker covers. I have luggage that I had with a Heritage ( SAC ) that I really like, but the width is just enough that they contact the covers. I've replaced one set ( they are expensive ) so I would like to find something that will work. HD has narrow luggage that they recommend for a UC, but it's really small. I go on long trips and need all the luggage space I can get. Also, maybe you know of something I can put over the covers to protect them.

I like using my Ortleib dry bag mounted accross the rear seat. It is totally waterproof and holds everything I jam inside.

I use a dry bag on the passenger seat as it has an ever changeable shape.
Takes a lot of abuse.
Cheap, tough and most important.... water-proof!

Iceman, are they waterproof, or do you have waterproof covers for them?
Check out Saddleman luggage. I have one that expands and doubles as a back pack for easier carrying. I comes with a water resistant nylon cover and lots of buckle / strap adapters. I simply strap mine over the passenger back rest and loop it around my trunk luggage rack. I can fit about 6-7 days worth of clothes in it fully expanded and it provides a great back rest. I paid about $120 for it at a specialty motorcycle retailer outside Pittsburgh but I'msure you can find 'em on line. Good luck

Jaceddie; I just saw a passenger seat bag in the HD web catalog. Kinda pricy @ 2 HD's, might be worth a look.

I use dry bags on both the rack and the rear seat hold a lot of stuff and are waterproof
not the best looking luggage but easy to use and practical and dont cost much

Brian

Back