free website stats program Ultra Classic Cost? | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Classic Cost?

09StdGlide

Does anyone have any insight what kind of margin dealers have in something like a $21k Ultra Classic?

My dealer adds about $1k for freight and prep and I wonder how much of that is profit. They sell at list price now.

I understand they need to make a living too...just wondering.

picked up my 09 ultra in aug. 19.300 black & i do not think they lost $ also no frieght or prep charges..

Was wondering what a typical ballpark profit margin would be on a standard Ultra Classic listing for $21k (no ABS)...$1500? $2000?

I was thinking that if anyone knew it might be a useful bit of info to have prior to dealing on price.

It's also useful to see what others are paying for comparison.

I think Glider mentioned a range of about $3000-$3500 for the touring bikes. I may stand corrected. :s

on mine no abs no color choice glad i like black, wanted to get bike of floor 10s comming in.

I have a friend who is a HD wrench...with his employee discount..back in '08 he bought a 105th anniversary edition Ultra for 21k otd...He also got a 2k gift card...3.5/4k profit @ msrp is probably pretty close

Well all these prices look reasonable , I see there is no Canadians kickin in what they pay , I was there awhile ago and there is some steep prices , didn't look close at the bikes when I seen the 35,000 plus stickers , not to mention the prices for parts

Well all these prices look reasonable , I see there is no Canadians kickin in what they pay , I was there awhile ago and there is some steep prices , didn't look close at the bikes when I seen the 35,000 plus stickers , not to mention the prices for parts

I was in the UK at War's HD in London a little over a year ago. With the conversion of dollars to pounds sterling and the VAT (Value Added Tax, soon to be comming to America) an UC was about 38K in USD. Italy, was even steeper.

This may not help you much, but I wanted to share with the group. I'm a contractor working for the Military in Baghdad with 18 days left before I'll be heading back to my local HD dealership.

Been talking to the dealer about the 2010 Ultra Classic, with ABS, Hot Sunglo Red, security system, and 5 year extended warranty. He has agreed to match the Military Exchange price of $22,421.00 for the whole shot.

I will also be adding the Screamin' Eagle Race Tuner, Screamin' Eagle "Ventilator" performance air cleaner kit, and the premium oil cooler kit for those hot Texas summers. He offered 10% off all the added parts and accessories.

All that's left now is the test drive. Take care everyone and be safe over there. :D

Back when the Canadian dollar was on par with the US dollar, I got my /09 Ultra with ABS and security for just over $26,000. not including taxes. I believe the 2010 Ultra's are very close to that price now. For a while there last summer they were going for $29,000 but the CDN dollar has climbed back up and HD Canada recently came out with a price reduction.

Back