free website stats program Ultra Air Shocks | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultra Air Shocks

walleye

Contributor
I have a 09 Ultra and really have no experience in the rear shock air pressure settings. I am right at 200 Lbs, and my better half is (this is a guess cause she sure won't tell me) is my best guess 150 lbs. Anyone here have a similar set up with suggestions? I would like to know a good setting that will be decent for one or two up in my situation. I think it is set at 20 Lbs currently. I guess I am trying to avoid trial and error. Thanks.:D

I have a 09 Ultra and really have no experience in the rear shock air pressure settings. I am right at 200 Lbs, and my better half is (this is a guess cause she sure won't tell me) is my best guess 150 lbs. Anyone here have a similar set up with suggestions? I would like to know a good setting that will be decent for one or two up in my situation. I think it is set at 20 Lbs currently. I guess I am trying to avoid trial and error. Thanks.:D

gotta 07 UC - and I have mine set about 12 / 15. One ? for ya --- do you like where your setting is at ????

Owner's manual should have a chart with weights and proper air pressure settings. That being said, experiment and stick with a setting you and your better half like.

Get the little suspension pump, It does not take a lot to change the pressure. The maximum pressure is about 35 lb. you can feel the difference and you should check on a pretty regular basis. I would guess about 25 lbs would be a good start for two up and 20 or so when you are going solo. There is also a table in the manual that has recomendations.

To answer your question, I think it rides much better than my prior ride, especially two up. I Just need to know if it can be better as this is the first and only setting I have tried. I think the 09 models are different from previous years as the pressure can go as high as 50 lbs. (I think) It seems when there are two of us on, it is a little bumpy, especially over RR tracks. Would I increase or decrease the pressure to help? I know I sound stupid, but I never had air shocks before.

Check the manual before you pump up to 50 lbs. That is what the Road King top limit used to be but the Electra Glides would top out at 35. Like I said, get the little pump, it seals up, has a handy little guage and you can add or vent the pressure.

Have an 05 ultra, keep it at 18 p.s.i. for riding solo. Make sure you use a small pump either from Harley or Progressive. .They don,t leak out when you disconnect them. Do not use gas station air, too much pressure.

I have an /09 Ultra and I find that 25pounds gives a nice ride two up. I'm 190 and my better half is around 140. You're already at 20 pounds so I'd adjust upward from there in small increments until you feel the ride is a bit too harsh. You may find that 20 is the magic number for you. I don't think you'll like the ride two up at a lower pressure. I tried it and noticed the rear shocks had a tendency to bottom out when going over RR tracks.

Check the manual before you pump up to 50 lbs. That is what the Road King top limit used to be but the Electra Glides would top out at 35. Like I said, get the little pump, it seals up, has a handy little guage and you can add or vent the pressure.

Hey where do you get those pumps ?

Back