free website stats program Ultima Single-Fire Ignition Model #'s | Harley Davidson Forums

Ultima Single-Fire Ignition Model #'s

ccryder

Hi Everyone, I have a '96 Heritage Softail, w/Dyna S ignition(dual-fire) & stock Coil. Am getting ready to buy an Ultima Single-Fire Ignition Package from Jireh Cycles. Anyone have feedback on them? Also, the Model# i seem to see on the Internet is..53-660. Would like to get the Latest model if possible!(less bugs)
I also read that these Coils are not very good. Any Feedback would be Appreciated! Thank you much!

P.S..It would be the model enclosed in the Cone!

My opinion. If there is nothing wrong with your current ignition, save your money. I have had single fire, dual fire, Crane and Dyna ignitions on my slightly modified Evo. I could never tell a whit of difference between any of them in seat of the pants performance, sound or mpg. I can't speak for highly modified engines, or dyno comparisons, just everyday riding. Same goes for plug wires and spark plugs. As for your last ? Ultima products are not top of the line quality.

My opinion. If there is nothing wrong with your current ignition, save your money. I have had single fire, dual fire, Crane and Dyna ignitions on my slightly modified Evo. I could never tell a whit of difference between any of them in seat of the pants performance, sound or mpg. I can't speak for highly modified engines, or dyno comparisons, just everyday riding. Same goes for plug wires and spark plugs. As for your last ? Ultima products are not top of the line quality.

I agree. The only difference I've ever seen in the single-fire over a dual-fire is the single might run a little smoother. No increase in horse, torque or mpg.

Hi, Yea, I would not be changing out the Ignition for any horsepower gain, because I know there will be none. I used to have an '82 Sturges (FX Shovel) yrs ago. It was running points, and I put 1 of those primitive stinger single-fire cap & rotor systems on it. I swear I could see out of my mirrors @ 60 mph. Where I could'nt b4. There are 2 Questions still in my mind.....

1.) I have tried & tried to Time this Bike with a Timing light & clear plug, and never had any luck! I Set timing by waiting until it pings..then backing off a couple Degrees. ( With New electronic systems, don't you put motor on TDC, & let the module do the rest?)
2.) A Stock Coil puts out 30,000 volts? Firing 2 plugs...would'nt each plug get 15,000 volts? With Single-fire...Each plug would get full Coil Voltage?
One last comment...my back cylinder kinda flub..flub..flubs when cold. Like it's firing when exhaust valve is still open. It's fine when hot! I am running an Andrews EV-27 cam.... Overlap Issues? Thanks!

Back