free website stats program Uh-oh! | Harley Davidson Forums

Uh-oh!

Not a season killer.....just a hurdle. Hurdles are good sometimes ( makes ya slow down)
Grab some coffee.
grab the manual.
throw some details on here.
I bet you are riding by Sunday.

I appreciate the encouragement, but the old scoot is done for this year. That is transmission lube on the floor. With over 125k on the clock I am not opening anything up without doing a complete overhaul and I can't get that done by the end of the season here in north central Indiana. I'm just a fair weather rider so I only got about 23k worth of riding in this year, but I can live with that I guess.
On the bright side though, this is all the excuse I need for several performance upgrades that I have been wanting to do. Question now is how many cubes when it goes back together? Which cam? Head work? New exhaust too? Motor mounts? And? And? So many options and Christmas is just a few weeks away!

Trade it in for a brand new one. Then you'll have coolant on the floor instead of tranny oil. It cleans up much easier :p

There is a fair chance that it is the main shaft oil seal as it is a wee bit exposed and not too complicated a job to replace it however as you said higher mileage bike so other parts should also be replace along the way

Brian

It's more than a chance. It's also more than a chance that the bearing behind that seal is the cause of the seal failure.

I appreciate the encouragement, but the old scoot is done for this year. That is transmission lube on the floor. With over 125k on the clock I am not opening anything up without doing a complete overhaul and I can't get that done by the end of the season here in north central Indiana. I'm just a fair weather rider so I only got about 23k worth of riding in this year, but I can live with that I guess.
On the bright side though, this is all the excuse I need for several performance upgrades that I have been wanting to do. Question now is how many cubes when it goes back together? Which cam? Head work? New exhaust too? Motor mounts? And? And? So many options and Christmas is just a few weeks away!
That's a great attitude!
WAP.gif

Now that you've convinced the wife you need to do all these upgrades because of the "Exxon Valdez" on your floor, put the drain plug back in and start filling that wish list! :bigsmiley20:

Back