Uh, Oh...Now what do I do?

Discussion in 'Other Service and Maintenance' started by FerrousBueller, Jul 23, 2013.

1. FerrousBueller

FerrousBueller Junior Member

My Bike, (2009, FXSTC, Softail Custom, 96ci) is quickly approaching the 30,000 mile mark. My Service Manual and the online version go only up to 25,000 miles.

Where/How do I find a chart that covers the next 25,000 miles for my bike?

I've checked the self help section carefully and didn't see a reference to my pending dilemma, (OK, not really a dilemma).

I have two reasons for asking.
    1) I'm a bit retentive.
    2) I'd like to know in advance if there is something down the road that requires special tools, or, simply over my head.

Thank You in advance,
    Ferrous

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Chops Have a look here:s

3. FerrousBueller

Jack,

It took you 7 minutes to post a reply... I think you may be slipping. :D

The link was good, however the schedules posted for my bike only went up to 20,000 miles.

I'm sure you've got other ideas!

Thank You,
    Ferrous

4. STEVE07

STEVE07 Well-Known Member Staff Member Super Moderators

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  5. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

You simply start the process over at the 5K service.You can also go to HD website.Log on to your personnel profile,or create one. In that section go to Owners and click on Maintain your Bike. That chart goes to 50K.
    tourbox

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

LOL, check what Steve posted, I like and agree with Tourbox also here

7. FerrousBueller

Thank You Steve, I've just checked my Owners Manual. "Service Intervals" only go to 25,000 Miles. In my copy anyway. "Maintenance Records" go up to 50,000. I've checked my Service Manual again, no joy. I have a defective manual, or, I'm looking in the wrong place.

Tourbox, Thank You also. I like the idea of starting over at 5K. I thought as my bike ages some deeper checks need to be done. I've also looked at the HD website...carefully. I can't find the recommended page(s). I'm looking in the wrong place, or, my internet is defective.

Jack, Thanks! I'm certain all of you have forgotten more than I know. I'll start again fresh in the morning. Right now the S/O is finishing up dinner!

8. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

9. tourbox

tourbox Senior Member

FerrousBueller; if you go to Harley-Davidson USA | Harley-Davidson USA look at the far right hand side of the top bar. Next to Shop you should see Log In in a smaller print. That,s where you find maintenance after you log in.
    tourbox

10. FerrousBueller

That looks a lot like the copy I already have. Across the top the milage goes only up to 25,000. The only bold print I see is for Miles and Kilometers.

Yes, I've seen that, I have a copy downloaded to my computer. I also see a vague reference to 50,000 miles in fork oil replacement. I'm going to go with the repeat, starting at 5,000 miles.

Thank You all for you help,
    Ferrous